DVDVR Message Board

SDL on FS1 - 10/25/2019

Dolfan in NYC

For One Time Only (LOL) Smackdown is going to be on Fox Sports 1 because, the World Series takes precedence. 

On tap:

The New Day vs. Roode/Ziggler

Nikki Cross vs. Mandy Rose

An all new Firefly Funhouse

That opening segment epitomized everything wrong with WWE today. Especially Roman Reigns threatening to punch Corbin in the mouth, which sounded about as threatening as a barking yorkie puppy. Ali calling Sami Zayn a mouthpiece with bad breath. I've heard yo mama jokes with more bite to them. 

No offense to Roman Reigns fans, but this has sort of always been the problem with him. He has to talk. Sure he looks like a badass, but when he opens his mouth, he says the dumbest, blandest, corniest shit. At least Moxley was capable of selling corny, hokey WWE shit. This goes all the way back to their Shield days. Reigns was always the least capable guy on the mic. It's sort of a miracle that WWE hitched the wagon to him at all considering his mic skills are awful and they've been awful for almost 10 years.

I skipped the opening segment since I have zero interest in the Team Hogan vs. Team Flair stuff for the Saudi show. Will say that Gale looks ridiculous now. 

New Day vs. Ziggler/Roode was decent while it lasted.

Dug the Lacey segment/Squash.

The Firefly Fun House was good fun. Loved RR mentioning the muscle man in a suit always firing him when he was in hell.

Mandy/Nikki was decent. Was nice getting to hear Bayley and Sasha on commentary. Both are so much more comfortable as heels it isn't even funny. 

The Brock/Mysterio/Velasquez segment was awesome. Poor Dominic getting murdered again was wonderful. I really hope he turns out to be a good wrestler because he kind of deserves a contract if only for the beatings he has taken.

The six man tag was pretty darn good. 

This was a pretty solid show for me, but I also skipped the parts that were likely the worst of it.

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

So weird for how bad all the Shorty G stuff is, he's definitely getting better and better reactions each week.

Guy gets TV time, guy gets better reactions. I wonder what that's about.

Beyond that, I worry about trying to put myself inside Vince's addled brain of post-post-post-kayfabe, where guys get sympathy for the shitty creative they're dealt. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

That opening segment epitomized everything wrong with WWE today. Especially Roman Reigns threatening to punch Corbin in the mouth, which sounded about as threatening as a barking yorkie puppy. Ali calling Sami Zayn a mouthpiece with bad breath. I've heard yo mama jokes with more bite to them. 

No offense to Roman Reigns fans, but this has sort of always been the problem with him. He has to talk. Sure he looks like a badass, but when he opens his mouth, he says the dumbest, blandest, corniest shit. At least Moxley was capable of selling corny, hokey WWE shit. This goes all the way back to their Shield days. Reigns was always the least capable guy on the mic. It's sort of a miracle that WWE hitched the wagon to him at all considering his mic skills are awful and they've been awful for almost 10 years.

Did you not listen to the Moxley exit interview?