Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela
Cody speaks
Britt Baker in action 
Jon Moxley vs. PAC

AEW World Tag Team Titles Tournament Second Round Matches:

SCU vs The Dark Order 
Lucha Bros vs. Private Party 

2 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Holy shit I just watched Omega v. Janela from the AEW Dark and now I can't wait.  Why the hell was that match on AEW Dark, by the way? 

Probably because it was so long that it risked being nap-inducing. Blessedly, I doubt they get that kind of time on TV. 

Firstly, to get people to watch Dark. Secondly, to send a message to the roster that being on Dark isn't a demotion because even the top stars and EVPs are on there some weeks. And thirdly, because they wanted to go over 30 minutes and didn't have TV time for that.

The other possibility is that he announces that if he loses, he’ll retire forever.

“How do they get out of it”, you ask? Dusty finish, bitch! Cody wins, and gets a visible pin on Jericho, but Jericho attacked the other ref prior to the backup ref counting the pin. So a DQ, but you can’t win the belt with a DQ.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

LOVE this show. Perfectly paced, logical, and fun!

They definitely expanded the ring-side area, maybe because of the lack of ticket sales compared to the sellouts that were jam packed? Crowd was hot but more hot into spots and less into a tonne of actual heat for the most part. And to be fair to them, they've been conditioned for spots over story. Fuckin' Tony and JR ribbing Excalibur's vocabulary... haha, so petty.

That Cody/Jericho brawl was one of my favourite angles in forever. It even topped the Darby stuff from week 2. Jericho's face at the end with the ticket in hand was priceless. The Burberry scarf wrapped around his hand was a great sign of true friendship from MJeff. DD mother fucking P! All of that was so FUN! I was jumping out of my chair and shit like an old lady at the wrestling show. If they do one angle a week with a brief promo or two (like sub 2 minutes), we're golden. 80-90% of the show should be wrestling. A) because it's pro-wrestling and B) the angles stand out more if you don't have 10 of them on the same show. This also isn't a sprint, so spacing out the promos as a way to highlight talent is great.

Opening tag was a tremendous sprint. Private Party still does some weak ass lookin' shit but they are really god damn fun. Pentagon is the best. Fenix is a madman. Loved the shit out of this.

I skipped over some of the SCU/Dark Order tag but the Order still has a strong, foul odor (*Zbyszko bow*) but it was good. Grayson's dive over the ring post was tremendous.

Janela and Omega had a way better, tighter match than the hardcore stuff from Dark (though that was fun in spots).

Best Friends looked really good, probably their best so far, and OC got some shine. Heck yeah. This was a very good tag.

Britt Baker sucks, hometown or not. Hayter was fine. I wish the main got more time instead of this. The women's division needs a huge revamp ASAP. Nyla and Britt need a tonne of seasoning and not on national TV. In reality, they need to bring in some veterans with great fundamentals to help sort out the green women. Mercedes should be such a god damn no brainer. I know it's a pretty shallow talent pool and I'm not high on most of the names bandied about, so they're kind of hooped until some of the women from the other promotions become free agents but bring in tha vetz!

The sneak attack was a nice twist to the main event and helped establish the heel controlling most of the match and Mox getting to have some bursts of offense. That's probably the best dynamic the match could've had other than a wild brawl which they shouldn't be doing quite yet. I adore how they have Roberts announce how much TV time is left! Gives purpose for guys finishing just on time rather than wrestling magic and adds a tonne of drama. I loves me some Pac and he was really good here. Mox's selling was also a bright spot. Good shit.

Random note from north of the border: TSN is censoring the swears now. I'm guessing some uptight dinks complained about that and here we are.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Random note from north of the border: TSN is censoring the swears now. I'm guessing some uptight dinks complained about that and here we are.

IIRC, this isn't new. TSN also got their underoos in a wad back in the Attitude Era.

Liked them opening with guys in the ring ready to wrestle. 

The Cody angle was really good, even with the weak jab at the other company. But hey, they know their audience.

Now if JR could stop undermining the product in the ring every couple minutes, that'd be great.

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Now if JR could stop undermining the product in the ring every couple minutes, that'd be great.

It's getting worse. I'd love to see Tony, Cody, and the Bucks' reactions to this. It's driving me nuts.

Man these shows go by fast.

I'm not sure what's going on with Brandi, but her beat down of Jamie was weird. Don't get it.

I hope AEW and Cody don't make a habit out of teasing big announcements on Dynamite and not delivering. That's very WWE-ish and dying days of WCW to me. Like don't go on Twitter and tease the big announcement tease it in an interview segment and just don't deliver on it and forget about it. It's lame. 

Instead of teasing it, just come out and do it and then you will actually surprise people instead of dangling the carrot and bait and switching it.

JR definitely seemed a bit sharper tonight and a little more comfortable. Not sure if it's the TRT treatments or what. But he definitely had the line of the night, "My gawd, they're destroying the Dippin' Dots!" 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It's getting worse. I'd love to see Tony, Cody, and the Bucks' reactions to this. It's driving me nuts.

I'm sure part of the sell to him is he won't be overproduced and he'll have a long leash. But if he can't go 90 seconds without kvetching about people not going for covers, he can be quiet. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy