DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK EIGHT

Dolfan in NYC

Detroit is putting Kerryon Johnson on IR after he got knee surgery this morning. 

I *think* this means he's done for the year?   Or he could return like the last week of the season? 

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Lions traded starting safety Quandre Diggs to the Seahawks

His now former teammates are less than pleased

It really feels like they are giving up on the season, which is kinda strange. They are in last place and probably out of the division race, but they've played fairly well and it seems like they would still have a decent shot at a wild card if they can get a few positive breaks.

24 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It really feels like they are giving up on the season, which is kinda strange. They are in last place and probably out of the division race, but they've played fairly well and it seems like they would still have a decent shot at a wild card if they can get a few positive breaks.

If the #2 team in the NFC West gets one wildcard spot based on how the season is going now, I don't see an automatic lock for that other NFC wildcard spot. Anyone can make a run between now and the final couple weeks.

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And now for some much needed context,

Gordon was placed on the minor injury IR. That means he can return but not with the Patriots. 

On 10/22/2019 at 7:58 PM, Oyaji said:

https://www.raiders.com/video/nfl-network-remembers-willie-brown-s-impact-on-over-50-years-of-raiders-history

This video from NFL Films on Brown is tremendous. That footage of the pick 6 with him running right at the camera is phenomenal.

I can't tell you how much time I spent watching NFL Films as a kid/teenager.  I have a DVD documentary about the start of NFL Films, and you'll realize that essentially all of modern sports presentation is everyone else playing catch up with NFL Films.  With that said, their magnum opus is probably the Autumn Wind segment.  It's pretty fitting that the last two shots are Willie Brown running towards the camera and Al Davis mouthing, "Just win, baby."  This shit still gives me goosebumps, it's just my childhood football fandom wrapped up in about 55 seconds.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I can't tell you how much time I spent watching NFL Films as a kid/teenager.  I have a DVD documentary about the start of NFL Films, and you'll realize that essentially all of modern sports presentation is everyone else playing catch up with NFL Films.  With that said, their magnum opus is probably the Autumn Wind segment.  It's pretty fitting that the last two shots are Willie Brown running towards the camera and Al Davis mouthing, "Just win, baby."  This shit still gives me goosebumps, it's just my childhood football fandom wrapped up in about 55 seconds.  

Hell yeah. I used to rent NFL Films DVDs from the video store and then Netflix's DVD service. The music, the narration, the footage. It's the best.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Pats have traded Michael Bennett to the Cowboys for a 7th round pick that could improve to a 6th round in 2021

Man I'm glad the Seahawks parted ways with him when they did. He was a solid performer on the field but such a headache. Always chirping about his contract.