DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

This isn't the NBA but a very NBA Like trade

The Connecticut Sun on Tuesday added All-Star forward DeWanna Bonner in a sign-and-trade deal with the Phoenix Mercury.

Connecticut sent three first-round picks (Nos. 7 and 10 in 2020, and one in 2021) to Phoenix for Bonner, who signed a multiyear contract.

The Sun had acquired the No. 7 overall pick on Monday in a trade that sent Morgan Tuck and the No. 11 pick to the Seattle Storm.

Players who re-sign with their current teams can make a maximum of $215,000 under the new collective bargaining agreement, which was ratified last month. They can make a maximum of $185,000 if they sign with a new team. With the sign-and-trade, Bonner was eligible to sign the $215,000-per-year deal.

Bonner, a 10-year veteran who has played her entire WNBA career with the Mercury, is a three-time All-Star and three-time Sixth Woman of the Year. She won two WNBA championships with the Mercury.

She averaged 17.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game last season.

18 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Folks, Oakland is fucking ridiculous.

If you can be knocked back several feet and injured by someone brushing against you then you have missed your calling as a pro wrestling referee.

Fuckin cops.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

The Raptors' success doesn't make any sense on any level. Good for them but I hope the Bucks take 'em out. 

Raptors success proves Kawhi Leonard is seriously overrated. 

Re: let''s see it in the playoffs:

Given it's their first year together, we won't know how'll they'll do in the playoffs, but:

Westbrook and Harden have each made it to the NBA Finals with the Thunder (lost to the Big 3 Heat), Both separately made it to the Western Conference Finals twice since then (Lost to the Warriors and Spurs, I think).  So, I mean, sure, they haven't won championships, but that doesn't mean they haven't had post-season success.  It's ridiculous to say that unless you win a chip, you're a choker and a loser when 99% of the teams won't win a chip any given year. 

Paul George, what a loser. 

Dame Lillard, what a loser. 

Giannis, what a choker. 

Steph Curry didn't win a chip last year.  What a choker loser. 

It's stupid.  Enjoy greatness. 

I think the point is when you're annointed "the best" of something in the regular season and not able to be the same "best" in the playoffs, it's not a good look.

Oh, and Kawhi won a chip in his first and only season with the Raptors. So using the caveat that this being Harden and Westbrook's first year together is a cop out and built in excuse. 

PS @Lawful Metal I actually really admire your fandom, just like breaking your balls about it too lol

• Like 1