DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Cancel all NBA games today

Well the Rockets/Nuggets already started

However apparently the NBA is still meeting to decide what to do about the other games (Toronto/San Antonio is the next game set to tip at 4 pm EST - so it's probably too late for them too)

I am officially in love with the Memphis Grizzlies. They're one of the most fun teams in a really long time. They remind me a lot of the real young OKC team with KD/Russ/Harden/Serge when they broke out as the next big thing and punched Kobe's Lakers in the teeth a few times in their playoff debut. I can really see Memphis getting the 8 seed and LeBron calling Ja a bad mother- after him going crazy in the fourth quarter in an ultimately losing effort in Game 6.

Their core young unit also is built so ridiculously well. Ja's obviously a monster already who looks like he'll have about ten All-NBA years. JJJ is an awesome modern era center already. Dillon Brooks is cast really well as the second guard who is damn good. Brandon Clarke is already just smoothly efficient and a basketball nerd's cult fave already. And Melton's just such a good wildcard who does the dirty work. 

I really think this team in three years or so is going to make its first of multiple Western Conference Finals and probably even a little more.

• Like 1

New rules for the All-Star game.  Sounds like each team picks a charity, and for each of the first 3 quarters, the team that wins the quarter gets $100k for their charity.  Then for the entire 4th quarter, the game clock is turned off, and the team that first reaches a target score (which is equal to the leading score after 3 quarters plus 24) wins the game and another $200k for their charity.

https://apnews.com/d465010625f8118c5fdbf8e05103d21c

9 hours ago, Infinit said:

Point deductions from missed free throws would be epic in the NBA and needs to happen.

Shaq would have averaged -11 points a game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1