DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Those rumors are the price you pay for having exciting young talent instead of aging chuckers.

Sounds like they've dropped the in-season tournament proposal

• Sad 1

Good, that is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

• Like 2

God, what kind of GoFundMe do we have to run to get Dame Lillard on a real team?

I'm hoping for him to get flipped for Simmons and the Sixers to go thermonuclear.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Do MVP's shoot 1-17 from 3? 🤔😉🤣

(Sorry for being a day late lol)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Do MVP's shoot 1-17 from 3? 🤔😉🤣

(Sorry for being a day late lol)

It's fucking crazy.  Houston sports in January has been a fucking wasteland.  

Rockets win! Beat the very injured Nuggets! First win for Houston (the city) in 2020!

Russel Westbrook is my MVP! 

It took him awhile to get his feet under him, but Zion went the fuck off in the fourth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

It took him awhile to get his feet under him, but Zion went the fuck off in the fourth.

Got exposed a bunch on the defensive end but my God what a player he already is. I don't know if I've ever seen anybody snatch up loose balls/second opportunities and then get back up to the rim again. When he was blocked, it looked like three people were closer but he just zipped to the ball and put it back before anybody blinked. And he can shoot threes already. His passing is fantastic. When he learns how to defend it's over. At that point, only his body can stop him.

Not even sure if this is a joke question: Can Pascal Siakam win the most improved player award two years in a row?

• Like 1

I'm not sure which is the bigger joke, Jimmy Butler not being a starter in the East or human meme Tacko Fall getting almost a million votes. 

giphy.gif

The Ringer has a real interesting article up today where they've tried to build a metric for points created per 36, combining points scored, points off assists, and points off screens.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/24/21079412/points-creation-giannis-antetokounmpo-luka-doncic-lebron-james

Giannis edges Luka by about 2 points. LeBron, Harden and Trae Young round out the top five, and are the only players over 50 per 36.

• Like 1

The fact that Kawhi didn't have a triple double *in his career* until tonight is just crazy to me. 

45 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The fact that Kawhi didn't have a triple double *in his career* until tonight is just crazy to me. 

That’s because Kawhi is overrated 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

He's never been much of a creator or passer, though he's gotten a lot better at it.

Trae Young: All Star Starter is a joke. Especially over Jimmy Butler.  The fact that a good stats/bad team guy is even an All-Star shows how weak the East is.

I am a fan of Dallas trading for Cauley-Stein. He's going to do the same things for us that Powell was doing, but is also a tad better defensively and on the glass.  He's a dude I liked coming out of that draft, that just never seemed to put it together(though I liked what I saw of him last season).

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Russ > Giannis*

*since January 9th

FTFY

6 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So you admit it

I know H-Town sports fans have been through some shit lately...so I will concede your point lol 

• Like 1