DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Dotting i's and crossing t's, but James Johnson is now a Timberwolf:

Also, for fun, here's Houston C PJ Tucker reacting to the trade deadline news:

Lawful's not mad, that hole in the wall has always been there. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Well at least we avoided the luxury tax? 

does anyone actually like their owner? 

So long as those direct deposits keep hitting Riley's account... Yes, we're good. 

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Andre is rather upset that, after all signs this morning pointed to him not being moved, The Pistons didn't even bother to tell him they were closing in on a deal with Cleveland.

I'm not as down on him as a lot of Pistons fans are, but he should shut up and kneecap the Cavaliers with his player option for next year. It's likely what he would've done to us had he not been traded. 

1 hour ago, southofheavy said:

I'm not as down on him as a lot of Pistons fans are, but he should shut up and kneecap the Cavaliers with his player option for next year. It's likely what he would've done to us had he not been traded. 

I genuinely like him. I just... He's a tough fit in the modern NBA.

Honestly, considering Blake is still on the books for next year, I wouldn't have been too upset if he had opted in. As is, he was traded for damn near nothing. I don't care how much cap space Detroit has, they ain't bringing a superstar to town. Hell, we couldn't get stars to take meetings in the 00's when they were winning 50 games a year and competing for titles.

Oh Chuck was all over it. My favorite was when Ernie asked him and Shaq how concerned they were for Sixers and Chuck responded with:

"My concern is through the roof because..number one...they don't know how to play basketball."

• Haha 1

The worst part is how every once in awhile, they seem to suddenly click, and figure out how they fit together, and they look scary good (easiest example being annihilating the Bucks on Christmas) and then the next night they are right back to having no fucking clue.

Speaking of the Bucks, Giannis had his fifth straight 30/15/5 game. 

I have to admit, at the start of the season, I thought Toronto would've done a fire sale before the deadline on the veterans and started a rebuild around Siakam and the other young pieces. They've way exceeded my expectations.

• Like 3