DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

34 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Iggy to Miami with a 2 year 30 mil extension. 

Is Miami really a threat to come out of the East?

They're a game and a half out of the 2 seed. If Iggy fits in quickly, they are probably the second favorite in the East.

44 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I don't watch every game but literally every single Raptors game I have watched this season has been entertaining.

Hell yeah. The Raptors are so much fun this year. They move the ball so much and have a lot of different guys who can win a game. Kyle Lowry is a complete joy to watch. He's the definition of the term "Philly Guard." That's a label given to players who come out of Philly -- tough as hell guards with huge basketball IQs. Every good Big 5 college basketball team has like three quality Philly Guards. Lowry's probably the best ever at it.   

Memphis essentially landed Justise Winslow and a 2024 first round pick for a guy averaging 6.5 points for the Delaware Blue Coats. Winslow's  one of the ultimate "damn, can this dude just stay healthy for a month?" guys. If he can actually play the Grizzlies just added a 6'6" 23-year-old who can play a few positions, averaged a 12-5-4 last season, shot over 37% from deep and is also one hell of a defensive player. (I think I just described a poor man's Andre Iguodala, actually.)

Either way -- man, who the hell is running the Griz? What an awesome young core with Ja/JJJ/Brooks/Clarke/Melton/Justise. The oldest one of those guys is Brooks who is 24. WTF? 

Did I just done see Woj say the Heat are in on Danilo now too? How the hell will that work financially? If they were to add Galinari on top of Iguodala, then yeah I think you have to take them seriously as the other team in the East alongside the Bucks and Raptors.

The current theory is it's going to end up being a three-way trade with Miami sending Memphis Justise, and OKC getting Dion Waiters and James Johnson.  Someone gets Olynyk.  Someone gets Miami's 1 in '24.

OKC owns Miami's 1's in 2021 & 2023 and want the Heat to drop the lottery pick protection on (at least) the latter.  (Miami's kind of okay with this now that they're looking very good.)  

There's a BUNCH more incredibly complex shit involved, and Goran Dragic may have to go in order for the math to work.  But Miami has absolutely said, Herro and Bam are untouchable. 

Today's going to be very interesting.  

EDIT - (NOTE - I am seeing some reports that Miami's working on the Gallinari extension, which means I'm going to have to swing by Macy's and grab more pants)

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Sure. 

IT WORKED FOR THE WARRIORS AND LAKERS DAMMIT!!!!

By the way - the best part of Wojo's story is that the Knicks actually wont even start negotiating a deal with Rose until after the trade deadline

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

IT WORKED FOR THE WARRIORS AND LAKERS DAMMIT!!!!

By the way - the best part of Wojo's story is that the Knicks actually wont even start negotiating a deal with Rose until after the trade deadline

But all the local scribes in Toronto basically said Ujiri, Toronto's GM and HC were all New York bound 

Marcus Morris going to the Clippers in a 3 team deal

1:57pm: The deal has expanded to include a third team, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link), who reports that the Wizards will acquire Jerome Robinson from the Clippers, sending Isaiah Thomas to L.A. Wojnarowski confirms that New York will receive Harkless and the Clips’ 2020 first-round pick for Morris. It’s not clear yet if other picks will be involved, as Berman suggested below.

1:45pm: The Clippers and Knicks have reached an agreement in principle, tweets Charania. According to Berman, the return for Morris will include Harkless and multiple draft picks, including the Clippers’ 2020 first-rounder.

1:14pm: The Clippers and Knicks are finalizing a deal that will send Marcus Morris to Los Angeles, sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic (Twitter link). The sides are still working out the exact details, but Morris and Maurice Harkless – who would go to New York in the swap – are both counting on it getting done, says Charania (Twitter link).