DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

It took him awhile to get his feet under him, but Zion went the fuck off in the fourth.

Got exposed a bunch on the defensive end but my God what a player he already is. I don't know if I've ever seen anybody snatch up loose balls/second opportunities and then get back up to the rim again. When he was blocked, it looked like three people were closer but he just zipped to the ball and put it back before anybody blinked. And he can shoot threes already. His passing is fantastic. When he learns how to defend it's over. At that point, only his body can stop him.

The Ringer has a real interesting article up today where they've tried to build a metric for points created per 36, combining points scored, points off assists, and points off screens.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/24/21079412/points-creation-giannis-antetokounmpo-luka-doncic-lebron-james

Giannis edges Luka by about 2 points. LeBron, Harden and Trae Young round out the top five, and are the only players over 50 per 36.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The fact that Kawhi didn't have a triple double *in his career* until tonight is just crazy to me. 

He's never been much of a creator or passer, though he's gotten a lot better at it.

Trae Young: All Star Starter is a joke. Especially over Jimmy Butler.  The fact that a good stats/bad team guy is even an All-Star shows how weak the East is.

I am a fan of Dallas trading for Cauley-Stein. He's going to do the same things for us that Powell was doing, but is also a tad better defensively and on the glass.  He's a dude I liked coming out of that draft, that just never seemed to put it together(though I liked what I saw of him last season).