DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I'm very happy to see Isaiah Thomas playing well again. I always find mind boggling how, in the NBA, a player can go from MVP candidate to being the butt of jokes about being washed in the span of a season.

Edited by MarcosLoura
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 12:41 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well, GS, the devil has definitely decided to cash in.   

Curry is out (at least) 3-4 months after getting surgery on his hand today. 

Boy have I got a bee in my bonnet this morning. I stay up all damn night, watching Luka have one of the best games of his career, only for it to be decided by Dwight Howard's goofy ass holding Seth Curry and not getting called for it.

• Like 1

Pistons have been without Blake and Reggie all year, and were without Rose as well tonight, so I'm pretty happy they've been middle of the road.

More importantly though, Drummond has had three straight 20-20 games.

Ok, so last year, start of the season, defensive coordinator Jeff Bzdelik left 

team for personal reasons and the Rockets defense was terrible. He came back after the horrific start and the defense got respectable again. 

This offseason Fertita fired all the assistant coaches and didn’t extend D’Antoni. So we got a lame duck coach and no defensive coordinator and it looks like our defense is trash again.

coincidence? Or psychic phenomenon?

Come back Bzdelik (I know he’s with the Pelicans now.) 

8 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Isn't the stadium in downtown San Francisco?

The Santa Cruz Warriors is the name of the G-League team. Back in the dark days(around like 2010) we used to joke that the Warriors were the "D League All Stars" and that is very much the vibe that I'm getting again from the team.

• Like 1

I hope Jim Boylen lasts as long as possible just to have more "we couldn't tell this story while he was the head coach" anecdotes that will come out after he's gone. 

Sorry, not sorry, Bulls fans.

Edited by _MJ_

Coby White played like he was auditioning for the Lakers.

Actually that's how it feels watching the Bulls. Like they're individually trying to get their shit in, so someone will notice and come and take them away.

I know a win over the Warriors don’t mean much, but it still feels good. When Harden’s on, the Rockets are unbeatable. 

Also interesting they called a flagrant on Willie Cayley-Stein’s closeout on Harden’s stepback. That wasn’t even a foul last playoffs!

and Jesus is Westbrook’s defense atrocious. Like he doesn’t even run back on defense. WTF. I see more defensive effort from *****Harden*****

All it takes is an injury to fuck it up, but good God has it been good to see the Lakers back.  They haven't had a 7 game win streak in eight years.  Even when the Heat looked like they were about to take over, Lakers responded.  And they then murdered them in the 4th.  

Dion Waiters suspended 10 games for taking too many edibles and having a panic attack on a team flight.

Let he who has not gotten way higher than he thought he would before a flight cast the first stone.

• Haha 3