DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I need to gloat about the fact that the Mavs beat Denver at home, with Luka and KP being pure garbage all night. I LOVE this team this year. I'm so used to seeing the team as the underdog, it feels weird that I'm starting to consider them competitive against everyone.

It's early, but Pascal Siakam has been ballin so far this year.  Hope he keeps it up.

Not sure how the Celtics came back in the Bucks game because they were down by like 18 when I watched for a few minutes.  Bucks season is one to watch out for this year.

The Rockets and The Wizards are going for 300 combined points.  Defense ain't dead.

I watched the end of Rockets/Wizards on the Houston feed. After the game, the sideline reporter asked Harden how they won the game. Dude said "It starts with our defense" in a game where his team gave up 158 points.  So hilarious. 

Embiid is the greatest. He trolled the hell out of KAT on Instagram tonight, too.

I also watched the first quarter of GSW vs. Phoenix. Golden State looked absolutely terrible. They legit looked as bad as some random Sixers team under Hinkie. The Steph news is absolutely heartbreaking. I think we were all hoping/waiting for Steph to go nuclear at some point in the season.

Steph before KD ended up on GSW was the most entertaining basketball player of my lifetime.  It's rare when you actually see an athlete change the sport he plays. Steph pretty much reinvented basketball as we knew it previously. I'll gladly take Dame Lillard and Trey Young firing from the logo in my nightly sports consumption, even knowing the downside of teams just looking to shoot thees/score at the rim/get on the FT line.

• Like 4

I think I was the only person that thought GSW was going to be a total dumpster fire this season, with or without Curry.  People kept picking them as a low seed playoff team, and I just didn't see it. Do they at least have their pick this year?

38 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

I think I was the only person that thought GSW was going to be a total dumpster fire this season, with or without Curry.  People kept picking them as a low seed playoff team, and I just didn't see it. Do they at least have their pick this year?

They do.

Which could be interesting: come back next year with Steph, Draymond, a healthy Klay, and some combination of Russell, a potential lottery pick, or whatever more immediate help they can flip either or both of those into.

Fuck the Warriors.  Oh no, they only have three all stars now.  They're going to be so awful.  Steph was supposed to go super saiyan this year.  "Now he'll get Harden's usage and we'll see unprecedented numbers from the best basketball player in the world."  Fucking jokes.  Steph couldn't hold Harden's jock.  Harden ain't miss the playoffs since he came to Houston, and he's been the only all star on the team (except for Dwight).  I hope Golden State completely implodes and Draymond starts actively fighting Steve Kerr during a game.  I'm guessing Steph will milk this broken hand for the rest of the season and not even bother playing. 

Fucking sell your soul to the devil, that's what you get. 

On a softer note...

Steph is great but I would have been surprise to see him get through this season in particular without injury and missing games. I don't think he's built for this type of workload in a 82 game season now.  All eyes on Draymond now. 

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

KAT and Embiid have both been given two games off for this. 

Simmons got no games because the NBA was disgusted that KAT would tap to such a weak-ass choke.

• Haha 3