DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Bulls with the first win of the season. Like the first game they trailed until the end, but this time they were able to get some defensive stops to finish it off.

Coby White is looking good, and I think I'm gonna like this young fella. He just looks tenacious out there. Ceiling looks higher for him than I thought.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 4:19 PM, blitzkrieg said:

I shall give them a look. Outside of listening to Wendell Carter on the Right Time with Bomani Jones, I think the last time I really heard anything about the Bulls was the whole fiasco when Jim Boylen took over.

Main transactions of note since that all went down was the Porter for Portis and Parker deal (which even with a bad start from Porter looks good), drafting Coby White (who is starting to get “Gilbert Arenas if Arenas cares about playing defense” comps), and signed Thad Young, Tomas Satoransky, and Luke Kornet in free agency without really losing anyone of value. Basically everyone but Carter and Dunn in there rotation can take a three, but the only defenders they have in said rotation are, well, Carter and Dunn. Coby White has looked rock solid and is looking like a good ROTY candidate though.

1 hour ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Jesus Christ are you really making that post on a one game sample size?

It's been one game and the Rockets are already choking at a playoff level.  Just let him have this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

It's been one game and the Rockets are already choking at a playoff level.  Just let him have this.

Oh no, my hubris.

Bad, bad, bad loss for the Bucks.

I'm gonna just shut up until the game actually ends.  Still, though.

Edited by Zimbra

The Warriors have quite a few players getting minutes that would have fit right in with the process era Sixers. Hell they are starting Glenn Robinson III that actually had a short stint as a process era Sixer. Think they might miss Jerry West. Especially considering the quality of role players the Clippers have assembled the last couple seasons.

4 hours ago, Cole Miner said:

The Warriors have quite a few players getting minutes that would have fit right in with the process era Sixers. Hell they are starting Glenn Robinson III that actually had a short stint as a process era Sixer. Think they might miss Jerry West. Especially considering the quality of role players the Clippers have assembled the last couple seasons.

On the plus side I don't think we have to worry about sending the Nets our first round draft pick this year.

Rockets beat Thunder.  Harden only shot 22 free throws.  Should've had more.  Only scored 40.  Westbrook had 21 and was a +19.  Harden and Eric Gordon continue to shoot like dogshit and we're still winning.  Westbrook so far this season is our leading rebounder.  I have never said one negative thing about Westbrook ever in my life. 

Edited by Lawful Metal
  • Haha 1