DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory 2019 - 10/20/19

Gauntlet was decent fun, good win for Eddie and I'm glad Sabu still made the card. Taya/Tenille was pretty good though maybe not hitting the great I hoped for. I've loved Taya's reign so I'm glad for it to continue. I believe Tenille was only signed through this show but I hope she sticks around. RVD's turn was shocking, definitely never saw that coming but certainly something different to perhaps freshen him up, could be interesting. Though I liked RVD & Rhino a lot as a team. Elgin/Marufuji was pretty awesome, fitting super finish.

Absolutely shocked that Tessa didn't win the X title, thought she was a lock to win it. Great spotfest ladder match there. Moose/Shamrock was a fun brawl, Shamrock looked awesome but the finish wasn't the best. Main event was a war. Kind of surprised Cage retained as I thought it was gonna be Sami's time but at the same time, Cage's reign feels like it barely got going because of the injury time so looking forward to where it goes. Gonna have to kill Cage to beat him after popping up from the Piledriver on tacks. I dig "Hard to Kill" as the next PPV. Eddie had that on his shirt tonight so thought maybe it'd be him and Sami again but I guess Eddie/Ace continues over the X title now. Good show overall.

Full results:

*Eddie Edwards won the Call Your Shot Gauntlet Battle Royal from entry #1 (29:51)
-Joey Ryan eliminated Rohit Raju
-Edwards eliminated Cousin Jake
-Madman Fulton eliminated Rosemary & Havok
-Fulton eliminated Cody Deaner, Adam Thornstowe, & Joey Ryan
-Jordynne Grace eliminated Johnny Swinger & Kiera Hogan
-Edwards eliminated Luster the Legend
-Tommy Dreamer eliminated Raj Singh
-Fulton eliminated Dreamer
-Sabu eliminated Swoggle
-Mahabali Shera eliminated Jordynne Grace & Kylie Rae
-Shera eliminated Sabu and Fallah Bahh
-Edwards eliminated Fulton
-Edwards pinned Shera after the Boston Knee Party

*Taya Valkyrie (w/ John E Bravo) def. Tenille Dashwood (12:35) after the Road to Valhalla to retain the knockouts championship

*The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander)(c) def. Rich Swann & Willie Mack and Rob Van Dam & Rhino (13:52) when Page pinned Swann to retain the tag team championships after RVD turned heel, superkicked Rhino and walked out.

*Michael Elgin def. Naomichi Marufuji (17:58) after the Burning Hammer

*Ace Austin def. Jake Crist(c), Tessa Blanchard, Daga, & Ace Romero (17:07) in a Ladder Match to WIN the X Division Championship. Tessa fought off Dave Crist & Madman Fulton but Ace used his baton to knock Tessa off the ladder and win the title.

*Moose (w/ Frank Trigg) def. Ken Shamrock (10:53) with the Spear after sending him into an exposed turnbuckle.

*Impact returns to PPV in January 2020 with "Hard to Kill"

*Brian Cage(c) def. Sami Callihan (16:38) in a No DQ Match after the Drillclaw onto thumbtacks to retain the worlds heavyweight championship

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

Similar to the Impact after Slammiversary being a PPV recap with one match taped, this week will be mostly an introduction to AXS special so I won't bother with a separate thread for that.

Impact Wrestling "This is Impact" Spoilers for 10/22

*Madison Rayne def. Shotzi Blackheart

*The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel, & Zachary Wentz) def. Dr. Wagner Jr., Aerostar, & Taurus in a match originally scheduled for the PPV.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the show.  The best match had to be Marafuji/Elgin but the Ladder match and main were pretty good.  I thought for sure Tessa was winning it especially with how all the heat was put on her and Cyrus putting her over but I guess not yet.  I hope they eventually get around to putting one of the belts on her since it'd be pretty original and fresh for a major company to do.  RVD looked to be in good shape but his HBK emotionless heel turn was puzzling.  The Shamrock match was not amazing but still pretty nostalgic which is basically what it should have been.  I'm looking forward to the AXS era and I just wish this is the kind of product we were getting back in like 2006 from this company.

Edited by notoriusvig
  • Like 2

It really does take a lot to dork Sami Callahan in a match but that ring entrance by Cage sure as hell did that.  Seriously what the hell

I didn't understand why Ace Romero was selected for the ladder match when you have legit wackos like Alex Zayne and Blake Christian on the same show.  Well watching that fat man destroy himself on that ladder spot will be hard to forget.  The table bump was horrible the ladder coming down at the same time was the absolute worst.  

• Haha 2