DVDVR Message Board

THE 2019 WORLD SERIES: WASHINGTON @ HOUSTON

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Oh, I figured that. Still, let him be there so there’s a chance he can’t shield himself from how popular he is outside of his usual Nuremberg rallies. He’s been pretty good about avoiding large crowds who will happily drag him. 

giphy.gif

Also, this.

• Haha 1

You know, it just isn't the same watching the MLB playoffs and not hearing "HIS FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY" 300 times a game. 

Let's see how many remember what I'm talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

lol 

20 degrees cooler in that shade.

I'm torn- after the Houston debacle I want the Nats to complete the ass-whooping, but I also want a Game 5 so Trump can sit there doing a slow burn for that epic would-be troll job.

Well, looks like we got a series. Go figure Jose Urquidy is the best pitcher so far in this World Series.

I’m confident having Cole and Verlander in the next two games, but I’m sure Nats fans are confident in Scherzer and Strasberg. It’ll be interesting, especially if the Astros bats stay alive.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 12:27 PM, BrianS81177 said:

You know, it just isn't the same watching the MLB playoffs and not hearing "HIS FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY" 300 times a game. 

Let's see how many remember what I'm talking about. 

• Haha 1

Whut if tha road team wins every game tho?

edit: We here in Canada are mercifully spared listening to Joe Buck call games but Matt Vasgersian (who I think is great) and Buck Martinez (who is like the furniture here and his idiosyncrasies have become the norm) were all over the umpire's small strike zone even when their strike zone graphic was showing pitches were generally outside of the zone. There were some inconsistencies but it was pretty much a small strike zone the entire night. Get over it.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Whut if tha road team wins every game tho?

edit: We here in Canada are mercifully spared listening to Joe Buck call games but Matt Vasgersian (who I think is great) and Buck Martinez (who is like the furniture here and his idiosyncrasies have become the norm) were all over the umpire's small strike zone even when their strike zone graphic was showing pitches were generally outside of the zone. There were some inconsistencies but it was pretty much a small strike zone the entire night. Get over it.

That would be both amusing and embarrassing, for the Astros at least. Does anyone know if this has ever happened in World Series history?

Justin Verlander is starting at the mound on Tuesday and still looking for the first World Series win of his pro career.