DVDVR Message Board

THE 2019 WORLD SERIES: WASHINGTON @ HOUSTON

Dolfan in NYC

Two insanely good, insanely hot teams are about to clash for the title.  

Loads and loads of 1-0 and 2-1 games are sure to follow with these pitchers.   

Game 1 is Tuesday, first pitch is scheduled for 8:08pm at Enron Field.  

Houston will send out Gerrit Cole.   Washington will send out - well, they haven't said officially, but most seem to think it's Max Scherzer.  Howie Kendrick will DH for Washington. 

Astros in 6, I think.

• Like 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to THE 2019 WORLD SERIES: WASHINGTON @ HOUSTON

Nats open as biggest underdog since 2007 (I think that is what I saw)

And that wacky start were the last 8(??? it might be 9) teams that swept their Championship Series have lost the World Series

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

?  The Astros were asked for comments and declined. Last night they blamed the reporter. 

Okay sure.  Go Nats. 

For as likable a team this is, Astros PR is often a total disaster. Why not privately reprimand the dude, and ignore the story? Denying it amplifies it. Streisand effect. Dumb.

Let’s focus on the play on the field and not worry about protecting an “assistant GM” who’s baseball expertise comes from fantasy baseball and investment banking. And stop defending Osuna. Especially on a night he sucked.

dumb.

Well, what can you expect when you leave 11 on base.  Not sure what Bregman is doing at the plate other than taking pitches.  I mean, eventually you have to swing at one of those straight down the middle pitches.  Happy that Yordan got on base three times, but striking out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded?  Yikes. 

And terrifying that Cole finally had a bad game.  Surely we can't keep hitting this poorly for an entire playoff run, can we? 

Houston just issues their first Intentional Walk. 

Of the season! 

Of course Washington makes them pay immediately. 

And the Astros are now 9 outs from going to DC down 0-2.

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

That was rough game to watch. I hope this isn't 2005 all over again.

I just hope Bregman isn't broken like Lidge was in 2005.  I had hopes after the homer but I've never seen him melt down in the field like that. 

• Like 1

The Nats have announced now that Annibal Sanchez will start Game 3

Presumably this means Patrick Corbin will now start Game 4 but with Davey Martinez using anyone and everyone out of the pen - who the fuck knows