DVDVR Message Board

Japan Conquers Rome - SDL - 10/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Are the ratings drops nothing to worry about, or is FOX going to start pushing the panic button and getting buyer's remorse soon?

What they most want are consistent wins in the 18-49 demo. SD is giving them that so far. They'll monitor the overall viewership, but it's not the main concern.

Having buyer's remorse three weeks into a five-year contract would be premature. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

I'm sure they already have, brother.

Even mustache-less Thomas Magnum is drawing fans on the undercard for the Hawaii Hawaii Old Magnum 3-hour block over Smackdown. Vince should raid those writers for Raw, brother.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

First thing's first: I doubt Fox is all that concerned. WWE is giving them more than 2 million viewers each week. Fox knows where the basement is and that basement is about 2 million people. They're getting exactly what they paid for on a night where no one young watches TV and if they do they're going to watch WWE. That's a win for them.

Second point: I feel like WWE is killing professional wrestling in the US. You had 2 million more people tune in to see what was going on with WWE in week one and what those people saw sucked. Same old shit that made them stop watching. So in week 2 they do a million less viewers. Those extra people who still tuned in were turned off enough to make 400k or so people tune out the following week. WWE is the standard bearer for wrestling in the US. They are the #1 brand and what everyone associates with wrestling. It doesn't matter if you're AEW, Impact, NXT, etc. If what you see on Mondays and Fridays sucks, you're going to think all wrestling sucks and you're probably not going to give it much of a chance because when you do give it a chance you find out it's still the same old shit.

There's more wrestling to watch than ever, more good wrestling to watch than ever, and all people will think of is wrestling = WWE regardless of the company. Maybe, MAYBE AEW reaches 2 million viewers, but it's starting to feel like as WWE goes, so does wrestling.

I'd be interested to see what AEW would do unopposed. I think the 1.4 million in week one was obviously in part an interest thing new promotion starting up, they haven't lost too many viewers yet.  NXT is down to around 700,000 now.  A lot of people in the wrestling media say there isn't much crossover but I think AEW would see a marginal increase.