DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/16/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Casey said:

Pretty sure recent trademark filings by both Jericho and All Elite point to them actually having their own brand of champagne in the near future.

Good god almighty that's a hell of a match.

Dude champagne, plushies, sparkling bubbly non-alcoholic juice for the kids, a champagne bottle transforming action figure, every sort of random bubbly thing you can imagine they need to make available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ortiz and Santana really should have shut up during the Jericho video bit. Ortiz yelling "THE BEST"  over and over was not just irritating but I couldn't really hear what Jericho was saying either.

That made me wonder if they were mad about not being able to do their own promo. Seemed weird. 

The beginning of the women’s match was sloppy and the crowd didn’t react to anything, but once Riho got back on offense the crowd got hotter and I thought it was fun. Dig the ending. 

Stunt really was impressive. Fenix is freaking sick. Too bad about Luchasaurus I really wanted to see that crowd reaction. 

I thought it was another really fun, slick looking show. Be curious to see the crowd next week because that’s the first non sellout. I looked at a few shows on ticketmaster recently and it looks like some seats were sold but there are many seats available at all the shows. 

17 minutes ago, Casey said:

Pretty sure recent trademark filings by both Jericho and All Elite point to them actually having their own brand of champagne in the near future.

Good god w that's a hell of a match.

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ohhhh shiiiiiiiiiiit

The eight man was definitely worth sticking around for. Between the tag tourney matches; Moxley/Pac vs. Omega/Page; Jericho/Darby; and the eight man tag, a case could be made that any of them were the MOTN.

Eventhough he wasn't there, there were still very loud Luchasaurus chants. There were also very loud MJF chants during the 8 man.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Be curious to see the crowd next week because that’s the first non sellout. I looked at a few shows on ticketmaster recently and it looks like some seats were sold but there are many seats available at all the shows. 

I'm looking at the Nashville show on Ticketmaster, and I'm actually surprised at how many seats they sold. Looks like all that's left is a lot of upper bowl and the level directly below, and a handful behind the ringside area seats. What I'm more curious about is when they start to move into territory that doesn't have super hot crowds like they've been having. You can run Philly and Chicago and shit all you want, but when you run a place like Nashville - that might as well be a sister city wrestling crowd to Corpus Christi at times - that's where the real challenge is. Can you make that crowd hot as shit for 2 hours?

I mean, I think AEW can, but I'm really interested to see it.

30 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'll post my thoughts after I've had a good night's sleep and have some downtime at work later. As for your non-spoilered Dark matches:

Joey Janela vs. Brandon Cutler

Nyla Rose vs. Leva Bates w/Peter Avalon

Private Party, Cima, T-Hawk vs. Young Bucks, Cody, Dustin w/ Brandi & MJF

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Who was in the eight man? And what was the other dark (Dark) match?

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm looking at the Nashville show on Ticketmaster, and I'm actually surprised at how many seats they sold. Looks like all that's left is a lot of upper bowl and the level directly below, and a handful behind the ringside area seats. What I'm more curious about is when they start to move into territory that doesn't have super hot crowds like they've been having. You can run Philly and Chicago and shit all you want, but when you run a place like Nashville - that might as well be a sister city wrestling crowd to Corpus Christi at times - that's where the real challenge is. Can you make that crowd hot as shit for 2 hours?

I mean, I think AEW can, but I'm really interested to see it.

They also haven’t opened up a lot of sections for the shows yet. Pretty sure that entire right upper level hasn’t been put on sale, and maybe the right lower level aside from the sections with blue seats. That’s where the camera is so they are selling the other side first. Wwe does the same. 

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Who was in the eight man? And what was the other dark (Dark) match?

Private Party, Cima, T-Hawk vs. Young Bucks, Cody & Dustin w/ Brandi & MJF

Joey Janela vs. Brandon Cutler

Nyla Rose vs. Leva Bates w/ Peter Avalon

Whether it was Shane McMahon heat or not, Brandon Cutler and The Librarians were on fire.

has it been long enough that Nashville is a little less burnt to the ground after all the free/comp tickets in the 2000s?

When it comes to show locations, it'll be kinda interesting to see if there's a sweet spot of markets that will buy tickets that also don't usually get shows.

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

@Nice Guy Eddie fails to mention that Orange Cassidy Jr beat Cody too.

I hope Orange Cassidy Jr. becomes a regular at every show like Izzy at every NXT show.

@Craig H I believe he has been.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Gonna be real curious to see the buy rate for Full Gear. That will be a very clear indicator if more eyeballs = more cash. I haven’t seen anything mentioned  about tickets since tv began, but just from me looking at Ticketmaster from time to time it doesn’t seem to be much of a difference. 

Well this show is travelling more than those Full Sail shows, so... Well, you're free to hope, Eddie.

I haven't seen the whole show yet, so I don't know what's announced for next week. Are we going to get a whole month of Dynamite without any Joey Janela?

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Well this show is travelling more than those Full Sail shows, so... Well, you're free to hope, Eddie.

I haven't seen the whole show yet, so I don't know what's announced for next week. Are we going to get a whole month of Dynamite without any Joey Janela?

Spoiler

Young Bucks vs ???

Britt Baker hometown appearance

PAC vs Moxley

Dark Order vs SCU

Lucha Bros vs Private Party

In spoilers since you haven't seen the entire show yet.

But to answer your other question - yeah, probably. He's one of five that hasn't appeared on Dynamite yet (but everyone on the roster has been on some form of Dynamite or Dark).

Seems like a major oversight on Janela considering he headlined a show against Moxley and is coming off a semi-buzzy match with Omega.

I'm no real fan of his though, so I'm not really taking up the torch of feeling he's being slighted. I'm just surprised is all.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Seems like a major oversight on Janela considering he headlined a show against Moxley and is coming off a semi-buzzy match with Omega.

I'm no real fan of his though, so I'm not really taking up the torch of feeling he's being slighted. I'm just surprised is all.

They're in the unique position to not have everyone on every show. Maybe this month they don't have Janella on Dynamite and maybe next week he makes those shows. They said they wanted to be able to rotate wrestlers in and out.

• Like 1