DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 10/16/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Ciampa/Garza was super fun while it lasted. The UE coming out afterward and the vid with a beaten Dream was fine I suppose.

Io/Kayden was a nice showcase for both. Rhea/Io II with the heel/face alignments switched could be interesting if thy head that direction after Bianca/Rhea.

Lee/Dijakovic IV was probably the least of their NXT matches though they did drag me in before the bs finish. The triple threat next week should be fun. really wish Lee would win the NA Title.

Bronson/Riddle was solid.

Didn't pay much attention to Boa/Dain though it did sound like they managed to get the crowd behind Boa a bit.

Tegan/Conti was a decent match. Dug the faceoff with Shayna and friends post match.

I liked the part of Dunne/Priest I paid attention, but right now I'm super interest in Priest. Did like the finish. Its nice when we get some good old fashion cheating to win.

Felt like this was the best overall show of the USA era so far.  The matches were all good for the most part and set up angles for the future.  Feels like the first time ever, the whole woman's roster is gunning for Shayna.  She's already in five of the women's business.  Also thought that was the best Priest match I've seen (including ROH), not surprisingly because he was wrestling Dunne.  But he looked really good.

I had this on as background and wasn't really paying attention aside from 1-2 vs. Imperium which was a letdown compared to their match from earlier this year. Glad Imperium got the win, though.

Turned it off immediately Dunne came out as Priest is in my top 10 list of folks I'd gladly never watch again.

10 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Turned it off immediately Dunne came out as Priest is in my top 10 list of folks I'd gladly never watch again.

That's your loss.  I saw them come out and I was kinda "THAT'S the main event?" but I thought they had arguably the best match of either show.  Expected Dunne to play jobber but if anything he came out stronger which is a concept foreign to Vince.  I enjoyed the AEW show but you knew who was winning every match.  Priest/Dunne was the only one that made me doubt the finish.

• Like 4

As much as I love Roddy, I'm honestly tired of UE. Forgot who said it in the discussion thread, but them and Shayna being at/near the top for so long just does nothing for me.

Onto the show, liked Dunne/Priest, seeing Tegan back, and the Io/Rhea confrontation. Ciampa/Garva was perfectly fine. Still amazed Ciampa's back so soon. Wish 1-2/Imperium and Lee/DD 4 could've been better.

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Not to mention Dunne-Priest had one of the best referee distraction spots I've seen. It made perfect sense and the ref didn't look the least bit dumb for it.

Seriously, the timing was so perfect too.

Dunne just proved he can carry anyone to a great match. Not that Priest was bad; instead of thinking of him as a big man, I really should think of him as similar to Edge, really tall lanky guy who could sell.

And the most personality I've seen out of him was his demonic  shiteating grin near the end...

m33pJ1T.png

Edited by turk128

13 hours ago, APO said:

As much as I love Roddy, I'm honestly tired of UE. Forgot who said it in the discussion thread, but them and Shayna being at/near the top for so long just does nothing for me.

That's how most folks seem to feel. They are beyond stale at this point. Roddy has been the highlight of TUE this year. He's been fantastic in almost every match he's been in.

18 hours ago, APO said:

That was me. Shayna has been around the top of the women's division for nearly two years and the champ for most of that time. Its ridiculous. Even Asuka was growing stale around a year in, and Shayna doesn't have that same psychical charisma to carry her past that.  Unlike the situation with Asuka there have been dent of amount of women talented enough to take the belt off of Shayna and push the division forward. Not sure why HHH and co. are so obsessed with Shayna in her current spot. Similarly UE has been hovering around or at the top for 2+ years. I like the the group save for Cole and understand they would die horribly on the main roster, but its been past time they either move up or least go away for a while to come back fresh.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dream is legit hurt - no one though seems to know exactly what the injury is and how long he is going to be out. (at least of this morning)

This sucks, but it has felt like Dream has lost some of his luster the past couple of months so its not the worst thing for him to be gone for a bit.

• Like 1

I feel like they’ve been in a holding pattern with Shayna waiting for the (supposedly) inevitable Horsewomen feud, and now that it’s not going to happen soon (seemingly) they’re not ready to take the title off of her.

As annoying as it’s been, I almost feel like it’s helped the rest of the women’s division because more of them have been jockeying for position. They’ve been able to put actual focus on Bianca, Candice, Io, and Mia, and now they’re working in Rhea, Tegan, and Dakota as well. Off the top of my head, this is the deepest focus they’ve had on the division.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, APO said:

If he's out for decent length of time, like two or three months, they should just put the belt on Lee and go from there. 

Not the NA title though.

Unless the plan is to run with him as a double champ?

I've been screaming for Keith Lee as the super likable hoss champ for ages. He should hold the NXT belt for a year and just as he is getting stale you turn him heel with a 'Im here to win titles and get paid, not entertain you people" attitude.

Edited by L_W_P