DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 *contains King of Pro-Wrestling 2019 SPOILERS*

The Natural

2 hours ago, crazypook said:

This occurred to me on my way home from the show. First time he hasn’t appeared on 1.4 since 2003.

Also realized LiJ could all be champs for the roll call. Although I’ve probably just jinxed it by typing it.

They were last year.

*Not counting Hiromu, of course

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Meltzer says it is impossible for Shibata to wrestle again. They shouldn't have teased it so strongly then and he shouldn't be bumping out there if that were the case because Goto is (on brand) a disappointment and huge let down. There were significantly worse "disgusting promotional tactics" but that was up there behind the obvious stuff WWE & UFC pulled off this year.

Edited by Oyaji

6 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Was it officially announced that the winner of the third place bout gets a title match in February? Meltzer mentioned in passing on today's show. If so, I feel like the bronze medal winner will give away the gold medal match in that I doubt they run back the match that just happened yesterday a month and a bit later. White wins -> Okada wins and if Ibushi wins -> Naito wins (but that's been done to death too).

I think it wasn't officially announced, but everyone thinks that it does. I also think that White is winning regarldess of who wins main event, Ibushi shouldn't lose two IWGP title matches in two months.

6 hours ago, Infinit said:

When Mox was talking about leaving Tokyo with everything or nothing, I totally thought he was going to challenge the night 2 main event winner at New Year's Dash.

Okay, I think that "original plan" was for Moxley to retain against Juice at KoPW, beat Archer at WK and then challenge double champion while Juice gets a run with tag team titles. And they are doing Mox/Juice on second night only to finish that feud. Makes me think that someone like White is probably taking USA title from him down the line and not Juice.

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I don't think I can stay up to 4:30 again. I felt like complete anus this morning.

I can make it tonight, but getting back to normal hours on Monday morning isn't going to be pretty.

Yup. Monday is going to be absolute hell. I've been off for two weeks and trying to get my circadian rhythm back this week was going okay until I realized I'd be doing this and I gave up.

edit: tried the main page and the Japanese stream is working. I usually listen to JPN stream but Charlton's insight and translation work has kept me English so far. 

Edited by Oyaji

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'll have more to say after tonight has concluded but I liked a lot on night 1.  I couldn't finish night 1 until about an hour ago so now I'm caught up and watching Live tonight 

Speaking of last night, didn't feel right that Hiroshi Tanahashi wasn't on a 4th of January Tokyo Dome show. I stand by that Tanahashi should have been in the Double Gold Rush.

• Like 1