DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 *contains King of Pro-Wrestling 2019 SPOILERS*

The Natural

19 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I work nights, so I'm actually a little disappointed night 2 starts so early. I won't get out of work until about 1 am est

Yeah, that's a Sunday thing. I would always forget until I actually attended a NJPW show on a Sunday. Always messes up my G1 + gym schedule.

I can't believe this is my 15th year of being hype for this show. You know how hard it was to find a stream back in the day?

• Like 1

That lived up to the hype and then some. A little bit of silliness at the end where Will stuck his head up for that new bonkers finish but I'm... just fine with that in the bigger picture.

• Like 1

What a great match and then Red Shoes tries to fuck it. I'd probably go 5er for jr. and 4.75 on that one. I can see the argument for both getting 5 tho. Just awesome, consistent storytelling through character work by two of the best at that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White went too long, needed trimming.

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Just awesome, consistent storytelling through character work by two of the best at that.

I'm seeing both these opinions echoed on my Twitter timeline. Watching a 20-30 minute Jay White control segment live at 5:45 am, I'd lean towards "too long" personally, but I didn't hate it or anything.

• Thanks 1

So far this feels an awful lot like Naito/Okada from 2018: slow and a little awkward. Kota damn near paralyzed himself with that back flip kick.

Also, it would seem for most that the emotional crescendo was Naito's victory. They love Naito. They empathize with Ibushi and respect Okada.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2