DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 *contains King of Pro-Wrestling 2019 SPOILERS*

The Natural

Starting this now as one of Jushin Thunder Liger's retirement matches has been announced:

The legend retires at this event, the first two date Wrestle Kingdom. 4th January will be Liger's first retirement match, 5th January is his final match with the retirement ceremony on the 6th of January.

Oh, and this little match headlines the traditional 4th of January NJPW Tokyo Dome show:

EG6OMsKWoAAR-Ha?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Pretty much, there've been to many people talking about it for it NOT to be going down.  Although Naito seems to be out of it (at least for now) and heading into a match with Taichi, so unless they run White/Goto at Power Struggle, White's gonna be the IC heading in.

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Starting this now as one of Jushin Thunder Liger's retirement matches has been announced:

The legend retires at this event, the first two date Wrestle Kingdom. 4th January will be Liger's first retirement match, 5th January is his final match with the retirement ceremony on the 6th of January.

Oh, and this little match headlines the traditional 4th of January NJPW Tokyo Dome show:

EG6OMsKWoAAR-Ha?format=jpg&name=small

Imagine Jay with two belts.

10 hours ago, Raziel said:

Isn't Kanemoto still on bad terms with pretty much every promotion in Japan right now?  

Every major promotion, I would think. That's what getting arrested for domestic violence will do. But just to rub it in, he is doing shots with Otani and Takwaiwa on the indy circuit.

And this is Kobayashi sometime this year.

653c42de33936eab4f5fdc74aa8418cc_134eed4

Edited by lostinube

3 minutes ago, lostinube said:

Every major promotion, I would think. That's what getting arrested for domestic violence will do. But just to rub it in, he is doing shots with Otani and Takwaiwa on the indy circuit.

And this is Kobayashi sometime this year.

653c42de33936eab4f5fdc74aa8418cc_134eed4

Does he run a protection racket for hostess bars?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not that I know of but he puts lots of old wrestling photos and...kittens on his facebook. Apparently he was in the area the latest typhoon hit which kind of sucks for him.
https://www.facebook.com/kuniaki.kobayashi.3

Anyway, Kanemoto is actually appearing on Dradition cards with Liger and Fujinami this month so it's probably NJPW shying away from his arrest earlier this year.

• Like 2

Nah, the G1 is always established as the shot on 1.4. The second night is 1.5, and the Title for Title stuff only recently came up (as in, Naito started hinting toward it at he beginning of summer and everyone else picked up on it post G1.  This way the Title for Title is a  huge deal on its own and we don't know any part of the match until Night 1 is over.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah. might make that Mini-Tourny as close to official as you can since that's where they're heading.  Okada/Ibushi World, White/Naito IC night 1, winners for both belts Night 2

On 10/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, Archibald said:

If thats not a strong hint for him coming back at PS to challenge Liger then I have no idea where we are even going.

I'm wondering if he wins at WK and then we end up with Hiromu/Liger for the belt on Night 2 as his last hurrah? If Liger is going all out one more time I think Hiromu or Ospreay are the two best choices. Should be a hell of a match either way.