DVDVR Message Board

Close The Window! There's a DRAFT! - Raw - 10/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

On 10/15/2019 at 1:27 AM, sydneybrown said:

Depends on which Doink you are talking about.  The face Doink did that.  The heel Doink was a joke character that came off as a guy who sucked but then had good matches you all still talk about today.  Which is literally the opposite of The Fiend.  The Fiend is a seemingly cool character who has matches so bad you'll still talk about them years later.

Wait wait wait wait, since fucking when does anyone not consider heel Doink one of the greatest characters of the era? 

• Like 9

If Doink had a Firefly Funhouse segment, he would have been the greatest character/worker combo in the history of the company.

I wish Hell In a Cell ended with a second Fiend coming out and clocking Rollins with a dismembered arm, like Doink did Crush at Mania.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I think you've got more chance of them dressing up Gable as mini-Fiend.

Excuse me, pal? It’ll be Shorty Fiend, and he’ll be a member of the new cutting edge brand, “Shorty Division”!

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So much for my dream Cesaro ruling cruelly over NXT like a king (of wrestling).  

But on the plus side we get potential matchups with him again Bryan, Gable and Ali.  And if the stars are aligned maybe one with Nakamura down the line.  So color me cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Alexa and Nikki apparently traded to smackdown for "future picks".

To quote Booker: whot da hell?

You think maybe FOX was just upset they didn’t get Alexa, and the WWE just “corrected” the issue? So we will never know the outcome of these picks.

Also, lets say Smackdown won the first pick. Wouldn’t they still have been at a disadvantage because they could only get 2 picks to RAW’s 3? Watch Smackdown lose every year, like heels always losing the WarGames coin toss to avoid confusion.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You think maybe FOX was just upset they didn’t get Alexa, and the WWE just “corrected” the issue? So we will never know the outcome of these picks.

Also, lets say Smackdown won the first pick. Wouldn’t they still have been at a disadvantage because they could only get 2 picks to RAW’s 3? Watch Smackdown lose every year, like heels always losing the WarGames coin toss to avoid confusion.

To the first point, there may be something to it, since Raw got the two biggest stars of the Women’s division. Charlotte went first round despite just losing the title to Bayley and just losing the first round pick to Becky. Meanwhile, Bayley went late second round. With Sasha’s absence, Alexa is probably the third most over woman right now, so she does balance out the rosters some.

As to the second point, had Smackdown won the first pick, it presumably would have gone S-R-S-R-R, since Raw got an extra pick due to the third hour.

55 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

As to the second point, had Smackdown won the first pick, it presumably would have gone S-R-S-R-R, since Raw got an extra pick due to the third hour.

See that would’ve been awful. Because the whole format is one company counter picks the other company. So basically RAW gets to counter pick them  twice on the back end all the time.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

• Dolfan in NYC locked, unlocked, locked and unpinned this topic