DVDVR Message Board

Close The Window! There's a DRAFT! - Raw - 10/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

What was the purpose of this again? Not much of note really changed.

To have a gimmick to try and boost the ratings of the 2nd SDL on FOX (which didn't work)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

To have a gimmick to try and boost the ratings of the 2nd SDL on FOX (which didn't work)

I didn't think it was possible to make RAW more shitty but moving Firefly Funhouse to Smackdown might have done it.

I'm assuming that since Braun also got moved to SD, the teased Twitter angle where the Fiend tries to bring Braun back into the fold is now underway.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

What sort of company are the Raiders in with being IWGP and WWE tag champs?

Steiners, wait didn’t the Dudley’s have an IWGP reign during the dark ages of like 2009?

Anderson/Gallows ever win the WWE belts?

That might be it I think. 

Steiners, Dudleys, OC as a team.  

DBS Jr and Road Warrior Hawk did it with different partners. 

Edited by Raziel

22 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Anderson/Gallows ever win the WWE belts? 

Yes.  In July.  It's been less than 2 months since they were tag champs on Raw.  Obviously, their reign was very memorable.

In the two months since the OC held the belts, there have been three title changes.   Ugh. 

• Like 3

My thoughts on the Draft, as if anybody cares:

Overall, the entire Draft concept was poorly done and a total flop. Moving forward, though, I think it looks like RAW will actually be the better show based on their roster they now have. Usually it's been SD that has the more "workrate" roster, but now with Heyman in charge of RAW and SD on FOX, that has shifted. Obviously, none of the current champs were going to switch shows, so they just should've said that the champs are ineligible to be in the draft. Solves that one problem. Also gives a bit of weight to any title matches they may have had leading up to the Draft as the champs would want to retain or the challengers want to win to stay on their current brand. And it would've meant a little more when the Raiders then won the RAW titles and Ziggler/Roode were immediately then drafted away to SD. I mean, I just came up with that in 30 seconds. It doesn't take long to add a little logic to these things. And Charlotte Flair gets drafted two rounds before the current SD champ Bayley. Way to put over your champ.

On one had, I kind of understand from a TV and storytelling standpoint keeping some "bigger names" like Corbin and Nak and Rey in the pool for the later rounds so that every round had a few upper card guys in them to make every round seem more interesting. However, thinking from kayfabe, it ultimately just makes those guys look worse when low card guys like Lucha House Party and Humberto Carillo get drafted before them. I think maybe only the very first Draft when Heyman and Bischoff were on stage trying to outdo each other as GMs of the brands was the only time they did a "draft" correctly. Each pick seemed to make sense and it seemed like they were actually trying to out pick the other strategically. Ever since, it has been horrible. I think the "shakeup" idea was much better. Keeps things more as a surprise where you don't know who's been moved until they come out and made for more interesting TV. Could've even said that FOX and USA already did the draft behind the scenes and we have to wait until the show airs to find out who was moved. 

• Like 1

This draft was a joke. What's even the point of putting your champs in the draft pool if ALL Of them are staying on the same shows? Just say your champs are immune and can't get drafted. There. Logic, simple, easy. 

This is like the stupidity of saying no more commercial breaks for Raw and Smackdown so we have 20 2/3 fall matches every week. 

And now, not even 4 months later, Bischoff is already gone. That's not so surprising as bringing in Eric Bischoff to be the fucking executive in charge of your billion dollar Smackdown deal on FOX. Like why did you call Bischoff of all people to spearhead this if the Smackdown deal was so important? Bischoff is like last on the list of guys you would call.

Wouldn't surprise me if FOX already has buyer's remorse.

A few more Meltzer notes:

• Seth will only be working against the Fiend at Crown Jewel and will be replaced in the Hogan vs Flair match
  • The Usos and Naomi have all been taken off the road after Jimmy's DUI; no creative or return date for any of them
  • Harper and Rowan are being broken up again

Looking at how thin those women's rosters are, I think they could very easily find something for Naomi.

The Bischoff stot

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Like why did you call Bischoff of all people to spearhead this if the Smackdown deal was so important? Bischoff is like last on the list of guys you would call.

Wouldn't surprise me if FOX already has buyer's remorse.

If Fox execs didn't like Bischoff, they're going to like Bruce Prichard even less.

Rumblings are that Fox are unhappy and beginning to wonder what what they've involved themselves in.

Image result for wwe fuck you we got your money

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

Yes.  In July.  It's been less than 2 months since they were tag champs on Raw.  Obviously, their reign was very memorable.

To be fair, nothing about Gallows and Anderson is memorable. You can't really pin this one on WWE booking.

Edited by tbarrie
Correcting typo
  • Like 1