DVDVR Message Board

Close The Window! There's a DRAFT! - Raw - 10/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, RIShane said:

I did notice they left the convenient wriggle-room of the Women's tag titles being able to float across brands.

They did but they made mention that if Asuka/Kairi lose the tag titles they will stay on RAW as they were drafted by RAW.  So for now they can show up on Smackdown and do whatever but once they lose it's over. 

Bray Wyatt is basically this generation's Doink The Clown, except Doink's hocus pocus magic bag of bullshit (involving multiple Doinks) actually helped him win matches.  So far, the only trick The Fiend has displayed is to lay there long enough and take enough of a thrashing to actually get his opponent DQ'ed during a Hell In A Cell match, because the ref is bored to death. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They did but they made mention that if Asuka/Kairi lose the tag titles they will stay on RAW as they were drafted by RAW.  So for now they can show up on Smackdown and do whatever but once they lose it's over. 

You think?

The biggest name McIntyre has beaten this side of Wrestlemania on TV was Miz.  He had competitive matches with Reigns but couldn't even get the victory in a 2-on-1 handicap match with Shane.

Andrade, meanwhile, beat Mysterio a few times, won a 4-way with Ali, Balor and Orton.

I mean, you could build them up to challenge Rollins but WWE has shown a real reluctance to pull the trigger on either in any significant way.  I cannot foresee any way Vince would want them in World Title matches at the moment.

21 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Bray Wyatt is basically this generation's Doink The Clown, except Doink's hocus pocus magic bag of bullshit (involving multiple Doinks) actually helped him win matches.  So far, the only trick The Fiend has displayed is to lay there long enough and take enough of a thrashing to actually get his opponent DQ'ed during a Hell In A Cell match, because the ref is bored to death. 

Depends on which Doink you are talking about.  The face Doink did that.  The heel Doink was a joke character that came off as a guy who sucked but then had good matches you all still talk about today.  Which is literally the opposite of The Fiend.  The Fiend is a seemingly cool character who has matches so bad you'll still talk about them years later.

This draft was so boring and infuriating at the same time. 97% of everyone drafted to their given brands were either a champion there all ready or had been on that show anyway. I was kinda shocked to see Buddy Murphy and Cedric Alexander end up on RAW. With the "pure sports build" Fox wants, both of them would be perfect for Smackdown.

It's a shame they are wasting Fury/Strowman on the Saudi show. If they ran this for Wrestlemania it would probably get them all that mainstream sports coverage they so desperately want. 

I don't think Bray Wyatt is dead in the water. But they always do this when the fans want someone else in the top spot. A few years ago we wanted Daniel Bryan. The WWE was all "tough shit, you get Roman Reigns". Now it's "tough shit...you get scrappy underdog Seth Rollins". I noticed they dropped the whole Boyfriend/Girlfriend thing with him and Becky. I mean I haven't heard them mention it at all lately. I thought it would build to a great heel turn with Seth going crazy over everyone giving Becky more attention and him simply becoming her BF. I mean that would go perfect with his naturally whiney persona.

Bray got drafted to Smackdown. Though Booker T might have been spoiling tomorrow because he said something about a trade. I hope the trade option is used in the future and not just because Vince wants to sabotage Smackdown to stack RAW.

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

This draft was so boring and infuriating at the same time. 97% of everyone drafted to their given brands were either a champion there all ready or had been on that show anyway. I was kinda shocked to see Buddy Murphy and Cedric Alexander end up on RAW. With the "pure sports build" Fox wants, both of them would be perfect for Smackdown.

Wasn’t the draft that happened almost a year ago supposed to be the one that set up the rosters for the future FOX move? So this thing was only done to hopefully keep the ratings up from the quasi nostalgia show from the week prior. lol... I’m trying to remember what next step they would do at this point to bring the ratings up, and all I can think of is either a “Super Show”, or wedding.

I didn’t watch last nights show, but I saw clips of the tag title change, and the Bray segment. Raiders for at least one match were finally used the way they are supposed to be used. That’s as two big(ish) babyface guys doing impressive spots, like they were the Steiner’s, or big man version of the Young Bucks. But give them a week, and watch the WWE forget they exist. Also doesn’t help that they won’t keep them face with Street Profits around(Although I think those two would benefit from being heels for a bit to get the stench of being company shills off them).

Oh boy, that Bray segment. Shouldn’t Vince(who should be busy prepping for the XFL Draft(BWAHAHAHA)) be letting his super duper cool beans new blood writing staff fix the program? Because that screamed “Kane burns JR” segment.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

The Fiend is this generations Braun Strowman, without 6 months of misspellings. He's not a guy that is going to look good in a suit, cut verbatim company scripted promos and spout catch phrases to sell merch. To the only person that matters, he's a special wrasslin' attraction. For one second I thought maybe there would be something different happening because of the Fox thing, but there I go thinking again.

• Like 1

There were a bunch of comments and questions and I am not quoting everyone so here are random answers to things that may or may not have been asked

- The finish was not a double turn. Meltzer said he asked and was told that was not the intention (despite fans clearly loving Bray and hating Rollins)

- The 24/7 Title was a USA creation thus why R-Truth and the title are on RAW. But since Corey Graves is on SDL now, that is why Carmella stayed on SDL

- Miz continues his streak of moving in every single draft/shake-up

- Paul Heyman got all (or almost all of) his guys. That is why RAW is loaded with the young, underpushed guys. The two he is highest on are Buddy Murphy and Aleister Black

- The only person Dave was surprised didn't end up on RAW was Chad Gable.

- The plan for Luke Harper was just to get through the storyline angle on the PPVs so don't be surprised if he vanishes again

8 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Keep in mind that a possible trade may happen on the new FS1 show tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fiend got sent back to RAW for a handful of picks.

You would be correct (about when it is announced)

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You would be correct (about when it is announced)

Trading in used copies of An American Tail : Fievel Goes West, What About Bob?, and Clifford for a new copy of Dawn of The Dead.

I seriously love Booker. Even when he hypes things up he still feels like he’s kind of unintentionally shitting on the company. It’s bad for a wrestling company, but it’s music to my ears. 

I would’ve wanted a weekend wrestling show hosted by him, Taz, Dusty, and Lord Alfred Hayes. Nobody in that potential murders row of show derailers could escape an episode without pissing themselves in laughter.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I have refrained from talking shit about the draft due to just how boring and predictable it is mainly because I'm trying to not be so negative about things.  While I haven't seen the rest of the show I will say that I'm glad Viking Raiders won the titles and it was cool to see them say the titles they've won.  They have that Road Warriors vibe and in a different era would make tons of money (and maybe even be HOFers to boot)  So there's that and I still need to see Cedric/Murphy which I can imagine being very good.

But it has been a tad easier not getting negative about Raw because no matter how bad shit gets I just think to myself "Hey, at least there's MLW, NWA and AEW's shows to look forward to."  I know that might seem out of place when talking about Raw or SD but it does help in my case.  I am hopeful though with who they drafted and Heyman behind the wheel that there might be better shows on the horizon.  Then again I'm still trying to win the lottery.

• Like 3