DVDVR Message Board

Close The Window! There's a DRAFT! - Raw - 10/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

can't believe Fox didn't get Charlotte. the SD womens division is fucked with Carmella and apparently now Lacey as the only babyfaces. pending "blockbuster trade" at least. Sad that Sonya and mandy were undrafted.

Cool win for the Vikings, crowd was hot for them as well.

why is Seth wrestling twice at SaudiMania. is he gonna get hurt against Bray so that Hulkster has to step in for the tag.

• Like 2

RAW has a deep singles roster. 

Beyond Rollins, Styles, McIntyre, Owens, Ricochet, Orton and Lashley.   They then secured Black,  Joe, Andrade, Rusev, Cedric,  Buddy and Mysterio.  

That's 14 guys..   14 !  who can fucking GO in the ring at a moment's notice.  

I don't know if it'll make a difference in the quality but if you cannot produce a good show with that amount of talent you're a fool. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So since I was at the movies, should I cherry pick watch anything from this show, or can I just erase it from my DVR? 

Vikings vs Dolph and Roode and Buddy vs Cedric are worth watching. Erase the rest.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Beyond Rollins, Styles, McIntyre, Owens, Ricochet, Orton and Lashley.   They then secured Black,  Joe, Andrade, Rusev, Cedric,  Buddy and Mysterio.  

I don't know if it'll make a difference in the quality but if you cannot produce a good show with that amount of talent you're a fool. 

Which is weird because I thought SmackDown would have the more sports build and have more in ring action, but most of the best workers wound up on Raw.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh they've done less with more!

• Like 1

Updated roster via f4wonline.com:

Updated rosters --

Raw:

Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch

The O.C. (AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson)

Drew McIntyre

Randy Orton

Ricochet

Bobby Lashley

Alexa Bliss

Kevin Owens

Natalya

The Viking Raiders (Ivar & Erik)

Nikki Cross

The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)

EC3

Eric Young

Sin Cara

Universal Champion Seth Rollins

Charlotte Flair

Andrade (w/ Zelina Vega)

Women's Tag Team Champions Asuka & Kairi Sane

Rusev

Aleister Black

Cedric Alexander

Humberto Carrillo

Erick Rowan

Buddy Murphy

Jinder Mahal

24/7 Champion R-Truth

Samoa Joe

Akira Tozawa

Shelton Benjamin

Rey Mysterio

Titus O'Neil

Liv Morgan

SmackDown:

Roman Reigns

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt

Sasha Banks

Braun Strowman

Lacey Evans

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder)

The Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado)

Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)

Apollo Crews

Drew Gulak

Heath Slater

Tamina

The B-Team (Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas)

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar

The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods)

Daniel Bryan

SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley

Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura (w/ Sami Zayn)

Ali

Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode

Carmella

The Miz

King Corbin

Shorty Gable

Elias

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Contrast that to Smackdown:

Bryan, Reigns, all three members of the New Day, Gable, Nakamura though he rarely bothers, ditto Brock. 

Oof.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

can't believe Fox didn't get Charlotte. the SD womens division is fucked with Carmella and apparently now Lacey as the only babyfaces. pending "blockbuster trade" at least. Sad that Sonya and mandy were undrafted.

Cool win for the Vikings, crowd was hot for them as well.

why is Seth wrestling twice at SaudiMania. is he gonna get hurt against Bray so that Hulkster has to step in for the tag.

I was mystified by why they had Charlotte and Becky do so much promotional and advertising work for SD-on-Fox only for both to seemingly end up on Raw.

As it stands, this is the entire SD women's roster: Bayley/Sasha/Lacey/Carmella/Tamina.

SmackDown got the big names with box office appeal, outside of Becky and Charlotte. RAW got lots of talent, but most of it is unproven and I doubt all of those folks hit their marks.

It's always assumed that SD gets washed in these drafts, but they tend to turn out more consistent shows, regardless of the roster. Not to mention I can see SD picking up the lion's load of the free agents.

Since the Cesaro thing is so blatant I would wager that A) he'll end up sent to NXT to help there, or B) they are gonna put The Bar back together once Sheamus is back (someone said he was doing something for the World Cup?) and hence are gonna not put Cesaro on tv for a month or so until then.

5 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Surprised they allowed Balor to leave looking at how thin the SD roster is, unless Cain is going to be SD exclusive.

Did Luke Harper get drafted or did I miss that?

Man, Finn Balor getting injured by Seth Rollins when he bacame the first WWE Universal Champion at SummerSlam 2016 is one of the worst timed injuries ever. Stop start booking ever since and now returning to NXT. I'd rather have Cesaro and Sami Zayn back. 

The answer to your second question, no.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Contrast that to Smackdown:

Bryan, Reigns, all three members of the New Day, Gable, Nakamura though he rarely bothers, ditto Brock. 

Oof.

They do have Ali in there as well and I'm assuming Roode and Ziggler won't last as a team for long. So they can make it work but it's not a great and deep as RAW that's for sure. 

• Thanks 1

announcing 5 picks at a time with a-b-a-b-a really didn't make any sense... let's act like it's a legit draft, did Raw send up 3 picks, or did they have emergency picks if their 2nd pick was picked by Smackdown?

From a pure TV presentation angle, the draft presentation sucked and confused too many people.

There may not have been a good fit for this concept, but there could have been somebody in the draft pool who would have loudly insisted that he not be drafted so he can be a free agent and pick his brand. Which probably makes a bunch of other people look like stooges by comparison.

although with the wild card rule, there's a few people on the roster who we didn't know which brand they were on pre-draft.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They do have Ali in there as well and I'm assuming Roode and Ziggler won't last as a team for long. So they can make it work but it's not a great and deep as RAW that's for sure. 

Ah, I missed Ali thinking he was on RAW. Its a weak singles division in comparison to RAW. Daniel Bryan will have work to do.

12 minutes ago, RIShane said:

I was mystified by why they had Charlotte and Becky do so much promotional and advertising work for SD-on-Fox only for both to seemingly end up on Raw.

As it stands, this is the entire SD women's roster: Bayley/Sasha/Lacey/Carmella/Tamina.

It looks like Naomi is ready to come back so I'm assuming she ends up on Smackdown and then they will also get either Fire & Desire or The IIconics..   neither team was drafted.  

Then you have Mickie James out there and also Ruby Riot when she's healthy.   Sounds like Ember Moon is gone for a while.   

Plus,  Ronda could be in the works judging from Hunter's comments and they could also call up someone like Candice LeRae.  They'll be good to go. 

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Ah, I missed Ali thinking he was on RAW. Its a weak singles division in comparison to RAW. Daniel Bryan will have work to do.

They also split up Rowan and Harper again apparently...  but I'm not going to tell you they are ready for a Harper singles push ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So since I was at the movies, should I cherry pick watch anything from this show, or can I just erase it from my DVR? 

GOOD STUFF:

Cedric-Murphy was pretty good. 

Raiders-Dolph/Roode was decent and the crowd got way into it.

Kabukis-Lacey/Natty was okay though rather nonsensical: "You power-bombed me off the stage last week...don't hurt my partner!"

SO BAD IT"S KINDA GOOD STUFF

Seth Rollins repeating "Burn it down" to himself as another brave face burns down another one of Bray Wyatt's homes was terrific unintentional comedy.  

The one USA "exec" did  a funny dance during one of those cut-aways.  When Daniel Bryan got drafted, USA execs were chanting "No! No!" as execs are prone to do.

JUST BAD

Lana getting a foot massage before Lashley comes in wasn't even funny bad 

A lot of promos got the fast-forward treatment from me, but I can safely say Seth's promos go in here

Announcers again explaining why Raw gets more picks over SD during rounds where SD actually selected more wrestlers than Raw goes down here.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It looks like Naomi is ready to come back so I'm assuming she ends up on Smackdown and then they will also get either Fire & Desire or The IIconics..   neither team was drafted.  

Then you have Mickie James out there and also Ruby Riot when she's healthy.   Sounds like Ember Moon is gone for a while.   

Plus,  Ronda could be in the works judging from Hunter's comments and they could also call up someone like Candice LeRae.  They'll be good to go. 

I did notice they left the convenient wriggle-room of the Women's tag titles being able to float across brands.

I have a funny feeling Wyatt takes the title from Rollins at Crown Jewel, brings the title to SD, then Cain takes the title from Lesnar, appears sporadically until the rematch allowing SD to use the Fiend as their World Champion while Velasquez is away, leaving the Raw guys to compete for the US Title as the main title until one ends up back on Raw for the Wrestlemania build-up. 

The main reason is I don't really see any World Title contenders for Rollins to feud with if he keeps the title, outside of Orton and Styles.  I mean, can you really see Rollins vs. Buddy Murphy on a WWE PPV?!

• Like 1