DVDVR Message Board

Close The Window! There's a DRAFT! - Raw - 10/14/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Also,  the draft...  you could just insert the Krusty gif and be done with it.    So many questions. 

205 Live guys drafted over Rey Mysterio and Samoa Joe?  

Job guys drafted over Sonya & Mandy and the aforementioned Cesaro?   Well,  I guess they are all job guys and job women but whatever.  Fuck all of this. 

So we go from 100% fully invested in the surrealness of Bray's gimmick to "it's just another stupid cardboard promo area background like every other one since Piper's pit and you can just walk up to it and beat him up."

I wonder how Bray will repackage himself in 2020?

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Also the show ended with boos again.  Why? Because let's face it..   Bray got over,  very over..  with his own ideas and as over as he has gotten Vince will never allow that to overtake or undermine who HE thinks should be on top. 

Seth Rollins is the new Roman.  If you hadn't figured it out before by his corporate stooge Twitter account you are seeing it on display here where they refuse to put over the hot act. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Seth Rollins is the new Roman.  If you hadn't figured it out before by his corporate stooge Twitter account you are seeing it on display here where they refuse to put over the hot act. 

I kind of wish people wouldn't use the "new Roman" because Seth actually deserved the shit unlike Roman 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

205 Live guys drafted over Rey Mysterio and Samoa Joe?  

Job guys drafted over Sonya & Mandy and the aforementioned Cesaro?   Well,  I guess they are all job guys and job women but whatever.  Fuck all of this. 

205 guys are younger and in better condition.

Sonya, Mandy, & Cesaro are all job guys and gals. 

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also the show ended with boos again.  Why? Because let's face it..   Bray got over,  very over..  with his own ideas and as over as he has gotten Vince will never allow that to overtake or undermine who HE thinks should be on top. 

I feel like this is an insult to Roman. Roman could have worked with half decent booking or a heel turn. Seth fails because being Seth. The bad booking just makes it worse.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I kind of wish people wouldn't use the "new Roman" because Seth actually deserved the shit unlike Roman 

Only in the sense that it's Vince's project and a lot of other people are going to be caught up in it.   Roman is actually quite awesome. 

But you see..   Bray is going to be the first of many casualties. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

'The Fiend' is traveling to Saudi Arabia to eat a pin from Seth Rollins.   Need I say more?  

Naively hoping The Fiend wins the WWE Universal Championship from Seth Rollins which would cancel out Bray Wyatt getting drafted to Smackdown but that ain't happening. Poor Bray.

In closing, this fuckin' company.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I feel like this is an insult to Roman. Roman could have worked with half decent booking or a heel turn. Seth fails because being Seth. The bad booking just makes it worse.

Nothing to do with Roman, really.  It's creative boxing themselves in a corner and then instead of pulling the trigger on the hot act let's stay the course for.......reasons. 

Let me ask you this.  Is Seth Rollins a draw? No, I mean the obvious answer is nobody is a draw. Ok so if that's the case then why not do something different with The Fiend? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Nothing to do with Roman, really.  It's creative boxing themselves in a corner and then instead of pulling the trigger on the hot act let's stay the course for.......reasons. 

Let me ask you this.  Is Seth Rollins a draw? No, I mean the obvious answer is nobody is a draw. Ok so if that's the case then why not do something different with The Fiend? 

I'm not arguing they shouldn't be pushing Bray. I thought HIAC should have ended in five minutes with Bray murdering Seth and taking home the title. With characters like the Fiend I think its a case of Vince not fully getting it and Seth being the type they feel should be champ despite the previous heel run and current run showing he should in no way be there outside of a cup of coffee length.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, piranesi said:

ALmost thought the Cardinals would be the most embarrassing thing on the air tonight until I remembered RAW and boy did it deliver!

Some NFL refs stole this crown.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, piranesi said:

So we go from 100% fully invested in the surrealness of Bray's gimmick to "it's just another stupid cardboard promo area background like every other one since Piper's pit and you can just walk up to it and beat him up."

I wonder how Bray will repackage himself in 2020?

I feel for Bray Wyatt. Rebooting himself as a kids TV show host of the Firefly Funhouse and as the sinister alter ego, the Fiend...to now. Both guises felt hot and different.

In the lead to Hell in a Cell, the Fiend was making more appearances than he should but the real damage was done at Hell in a Cell. Fiend needed to squash Seth for the WWE Universal Championship but that didn't happen, getting drafted to Smackdown where Brock has an iron grip on the WWE Championship and now this. 

Fucking frustrating.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Sure enough, part 2 of the draft was just as dumb as the first. Daniel Bryan is drafted by SmackDown and they make a huge deal about Raw losing him.

THEY DIDN'T FUCKING HAVE HIM TO BEGIN WITH

Most of these picks were just ones to keep the shows as they were drafted a year ago. Then you look at the picks that were made and the order they were made in and it makes zero sense. Some of you can try to twist the logic into a way that makes sense, but the reality is that this company didn't put half as much thought into those picks that you did. Ultimately, they just kept shit the same and made good workers look lesser than in the process.

Yet another person commits arson against Bray Wyatt. Coooooool. I hope to hell Randy Orton re-tweets himself from a month ago when he called for this exact thing to happen. And on top of it, Bray will job again or we'll get another non-finish because 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand is basically just a glorified house show. Sorry Bray, you've been Ryback'd. Braun and others can give you more details about this club you've joined.

I used to like Seth too. I didn't think he was nearly as bad as you all made him out to be, but now he's just been saddled with one lame ass storyline after another and the scripts he's given are dogshit. Like, he's great at memorizing them, but his ability to act those scripts out isn't good enough to inject any charisma into charisma-less dialogue.

Didn't care for the closing tag match either.

About the only positives I can say are that it's cool the War Raiders are champions and I really dug not only Buddy vs Cedric, but Buddy winning as well.

I'm hoping that next week things wind up better and the quality of these shows have gone down because they've been saddled with booking around the draft. So maybe with the draft out of the way Raw will be somewhat watchable again like it was a couple weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1