DVDVR Message Board

Metal Vocal Moments

Guest The Magnificent 7

Guest The Magnificent 7

1.  Death - Altering the Future

This awesome track from Spiritual Healing sets up this great Chuck moment with a light galloping beat after a solo midway through the song and you don’t really see it coming, him screaming much lower tone “Altering the Future!” as the track then takes it’s cue anda much darker blast appears and then slows down and dirty for the close out stretch. Awesome stuff made by my one vocal moment. If you listen to this I gurantee you yell that the next time you give it a spin. 

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, assfax said:

Dio's opening scream on Mob Rules from Heaven & Hell at Radio City Music Hall.

I am not a huge fan of the Dio era of Black Sabbath, but he did remind them that they were a Rock & Roll band.  I have always loved how Mob Rules departs from the highly technical Ozzy helmed tracks like Paranoia and Iron Man and just degenerates into a fucking pub brawl anthem.

It was used nearly PERFECTLY in the movie, Heavy Metal.

I have to subtract several awesome points for cutting out Dio's opening scream.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I had one of these moments watching Metal Mayhem on MTV Classic the other night. I was familiar with the Live After Death version of this song as a kid and got ahold of Piece of Mind much later, so the scream at the very end from Bruce Bruce, which is not the same live, always gets me. I heard that again and the very next thing I uttered, stream-of-consciousness style, was "Everything else is just poseur shit."

• Like 2

I really should go back and listen to all of Spiritual Healing again. Always thought it was too sterile and honestly boring in comparison to the albums before and immediately after it. Considering I thought the same thing about Leprosy until recently having a full conversion to it, it might be better than my early snobbery thought. 

My own Dio moment would probably be the "fade away" part in "The Sign of the Southern Cross", which when I first listened to it could almost swear it was a woman singing instead of a five-foot tall Italian dude. 

As far as the "attractiveness" of any member of Kittie... no comment haha

• Like 1