DVDVR Message Board

Is It Windy In Here? I Feel A Draft! - SDL - 10/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

For some reason Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins was a disqualification, which WWE didn't even announce after the match was over. I mean if you want to do a BS ref stoppage at Hell in a Cell fine, but at least declare a winner instead of this vague nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

For some reason Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins was a disqualification, which WWE didn't even announce after the match was over. I mean if you want to do a BS ref stoppage at Hell in a Cell fine, but at least declare a winner instead of this vague nonsense. 

Not sure about in the arena, but they said Roman/Seth ended in dq when talking about Raw getting first picks.

19 hours ago, Craig H said:

Then why weren't Alexa and Nicki drafted as one pick since they're a team? They got taken with separate picks to the same show so it's like they wasted a pick.

I was wondering about this,  it can be explained away but I doubt creative gets into it.   I'm wondering why Drew was a top 5 pick.  What the hell did he show this year where a network would be begging for him to be on their brand. 

42 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was wondering about this,  it can be explained away but I doubt creative gets into it.   I'm wondering why Drew was a top 5 pick.  What the hell did he show this year where a network would be begging for him to be on their brand. 

We all know they won't explain it, which is infuriating.

As for Drew, I'm honestly fine with him being a top 5 pick. They just need to start booking him like one once he comes back.

20 hours ago, Craig H said:

Then why weren't Alexa and Nicki drafted as one pick since they're a team? They got taken with separate picks to the same show so it's like they wasted a pick.

Well the real reason was likely that they rushed to mix up the draft order when they realized they accidentally leaked it, and in their rush, didn’t think through the obvious issue with drafting them separately. 

Kayfabe-wise, I think someone here threw out USA just wanted Alexa, but she threatened to hold out unless they drafted Nikki.

Also, the simplest explanation is that Fox drafted much better than USA. They did have a robot in their draft room, after all.

Fuck I haven't seen this on paper yet so lets look at it on paper. 

Smackdown main event scene 

- Brock Lesnar (Champion)

- Roman Reigns 

- 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt

- Braun Stroman

Okay,  so I like that Wyatt and Braun have a lot of history and that was built on a recent episode of RAW as well. However,  Brock/Roman/Lesnar have mixed it up way too much in recent times. I'm not sure I want to see any of those matches again. Daniel Bryan,  Andrade and/or Nakamura might be a good fit here. 

RAW main event scene 

- Seth Rollins (Champion) 

- AJ Styles

- Randy Orton

- Drew Mcintyre 

- Ricochet 

- Kevin Owens 

This is a hell of a start.  Styles/Orton have had some good matches but not too many. Styles vs. Drew or Owens vs. Drew or Ricochet vs. Orton etc. sound like potentially great matches. I think Aleister Black would be a good fit on this brand. 

RAW Women's Division 

- Becky Lynch (Champion) 

- Alexa Bliss

- Nikki Cross

- Natalya 

Okay,  so the obvious issue here is there are no heels. If they added Charlotte that doesn't solve the issue unless she does another turn which she should but I think she stays with FOX.  I think this is where the women's tag champions Asuka and Kairi Sane will land.  Maybe they continue their feud with Bliss/Cross but also Asuka vs. Becky seems like it's gonna happen sooner or later.  Kairi Sane vs. Becky Lynch is another interesting match that I don't think we've seen yet.  They could also add Ruby Riot but she's hurt. 

Smackdown Women's Division 

- Bayley (Champion) 

- Sasha Banks 

- Lacey Evans

- Tamina

Hey,  here's all the heels.  A great collection of heels but the champion is also heel. That's fine for now but maybe the Sasha/Bayley feud finally happens down the road. What's also probably going to happen is the addition of Charlotte. A rekindling of the Sasha/Charlotte rivalry is a possibility and Charlotte vs. Lacey Evans I think they did once but Lacey has improved some since then. Ember Moon would have been an awesome addition to this roster but she's hurt.  I think Naomi is a great possibility here.  Naomi could have some fun matches with all these heels. Mickie James could get some burn. I don't know where Fire & Desire and The IICONICS will land, it seems like they are both continuing on as heel teams but that's an issue with the champions being heels too.