DVDVR Message Board

Is It Windy In Here? I Feel A Draft! - SDL - 10/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Hmmm, do I really know it won't get better? No. I don't have a crystal ball or the ability to predict the future. Hell, it wasn't even that long ago that we got a series of good Raws in a row.

Here's an idea: Maybe you could let me and anyone else vent their frustrations with how bad these shows are when they could easily be better considering not a one of us says a word to anyone who manages to enjoy it instead of wishing we'd just go away or go to a specific part of the board.

Venting frustrations is fine. It just seems weird to me to stick with it when you so rarely feel like there are any positives worth mentioning. You only seem to be adding stress to your life. Also you have mentioned the show (in general, not this specific one) insulting your intelligence multiple times which you may have not intended as an insult, but it hard not to take as one as someone who enjoys the show occasionally. That said, this is more of me problem than you problem. Still, bad writing most of the times is just bad writing. You should try to not take it too personally.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Does he see going to Raw as a demotion? Would he rather not be under Paul Heyman? Would he not like to be on the brand where he is more likely to get main events and another potential title reign?

Edited by Eivion

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Does he see going to Raw as a demotion? Would he rather not be under Paul Heyman? Would he not like to be on the brand where he is more likely to get main events and another potential title reign?

He's a former world champ who just got out of what is an allegedly major program and he went in the third round after guys like Drew, Ricochet, and Lashley. 

I won't count the women, because you had to have some in there to build those rosters, but he was also somehow drafted after Lacey Evans. 

Some salt may be justified. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Peck said:

I think I saw FOX college football studio host(and former 24/7 Champ) Rob Stone in the front left of the War Room.

You did because I saw him as well. I was hoping Rachel or Sal from Lock It In would be in the WAR Room. 

I think my favourite part of the night was Michael Cole  saying "And seeing as Raw is the 3 hour show, it's only right that they have more picks than Smackdown!" as they showed a graphic on-screen which showed that both shows had picked an equal amount of wrestlers that round because of the nonsensical single/tag rules.

My second favourite was Troy Aiman's bizarre affinity for the piledriver.

Edited by caley

Not a surprise ratings for this show are down 25 percent from last week.  Starting the show with the corny Rollins/Fiend angle (complete with one of the lighting guys being shown clearly in shot when the house lights came back on), a non finish in a match to determine who picks first in the draft, Stephanie just reading out the picks, corny War Rooms and King Corban all in the first 30 mins is not a recipe for ratings success I wouldn’t have thought.

• Like 1

Imagining a world where

1) Asuka has been champion since defeating Charlotte 1x1 at Mania and they are building toward a a huge rematch at Survivor Series that everyone is stoked for because they've both been protected and both beaten each other once.

2) Becky having defeated Ronda Rousey 1x1 at mania (who then quit in a rage promo) has been standing tall against heels Sasha and Bayley but is now hearing rumors that Ronda is coming back and we're all wondering if she'll show up at the Rumble or even earlier.

Was this so hard?  Fucking King Corbin ass company.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I've seen comparisons thrown around tonight, but she's Dollar Tree Tessa at best. 

Character or look? Shoulder-length hair isn't Tessa's look and Bayley still wears full trunks. Besides they don't have a woman on the roster with the shoulders to pull off even imitation Tessa. What's the difference? Have these same observant types ever pointed out that Alexa Bliss updated her look to (Suicide Squad) Harley Quinn cosplayer when she joined the main roster after being some generic powder puff cheerleader in NXT? 

Edited by FluffSnackwell

49 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Character or look? Shoulder-length hair isn't Tessa's look and Bayley still wears full trunks. Besides they don't have a woman on the roster with the shoulders to pull off even imitation Tessa. What's the difference? Have these same observant types ever pointed out that Alexa Bliss updated her look to (Suicide Squad) Harley Quinn cosplayer when she joined the main roster after being some generic powder puff cheerleader in NXT? 

Given that these people missed all the simple detail you picked up on, “observant” may be giving them too much credit. 

8 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I mean, in kayfabe, that’s a fucking baller late round pick, as you get three guys with one pick. 

Then why weren't Alexa and Nicki drafted as one pick since they're a team? They got taken with separate picks to the same show so it's like they wasted a pick.

5 hours ago, Thunder Down Under said:

Not a surprise ratings for this show are down 25 percent from last week.  Starting the show with the corny Rollins/Fiend angle (complete with one of the lighting guys being shown clearly in shot when the house lights came back on), a non finish in a match to determine who picks first in the draft, Stephanie just reading out the picks, corny War Rooms and King Corban all in the first 30 mins is not a recipe for ratings success I wouldn’t have thought.

I mean, show criticisms are fair but AEW was also down 25+% from their big debut number as well. I think that's pretty much just the standard week 2 drop you are gonna see after a hyped wrestling show debut.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Then why weren't Alexa and Nicki drafted as one pick since they're a team? They got taken with separate picks to the same show so it's like they wasted a pick.

Maybe they are still considered singles wrestlers since they don't have an official team name like the Viking Raiders, New Day, the OC, IIconics, etc?