DVDVR Message Board

Is It Windy In Here? I Feel A Draft! - SDL - 10/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Hail Sabin said:

Outside of DARK Bayley and Cletus in the WAR Room my 3rd favorite part of this show is Raw drafting the Street Profits when they still haven't had a match on TV outside of NXT. 

And drafting Alexa and Nikki separately! The USA Network. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RIShane said:

And drafting Alexa and Nikki separately! The USA Network. 

Kayfabe I think they explain this as USA seeing star power in Alexa only and Alexa telling them to draft her BFF or she walks out.

Easily works into a storyline too when Nikki starts doubting Alexa she can say she convinced USA to draft her.

Or go the other way and Alexa bashes Nikki with "Nobody wanted you until I said something."

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

This.

I mean, shit. I'm not asking for a big elaborate monologue about his feelings. But for him to not have some kind of venting about last week? No "he got me, but I'll be back?" The man just lost the biggest title in the god damn company and we are back to pancakes? Xavier Woods said it was his professional goal to make Kofi the world champion. Is HE upset about this? It's this kind of stuff that just makes me feel like an idiot for getting emotionally invested in anything this company puts out. "Hey, remember how much you all got behind this guy and there was that amazing feel good moment at WrestleMania? FUCK YOU, YOU STUPID MARK. Now go buy Crown Jewel while we send this pancake tossing geek back to the midcard where he belongs."

God damn this show. Except heel Bayley. More of this please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, seeing Kofi just all happy and with the pancakes in hand after Lesnar obliterated him in seven seconds just annoyed the hell out of me. Okay...I get it. We have to do all the Saudi show shit for the next couple of weeks. But I'm pretty sure you could have had Kofi in the meantime not look like a putz.

So in the "war rooms" were there any actual executives or were those all your local indy guys who usually get cast as security.

Ah well. All hail Dark Bayley. Long may she reign and sit on a throne made of the skulls of her enemy's. Becky really got Charlotte with the whole "quantity vs. quality" argument a week ago. It's great that Charlotte is a 10 time women's champion. But I think all but two of them she lost within the following week.

Edited by Phantom Lord
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, just drew said:

Here lately I just watch Charlotte and wonder "is she doing anything Ruby Riott couldn't do?" And increasingly, the answer is "nahhhhhh...."

I mean, Ruby IS great, but the thing Charlotte is doing right now that Ruby couldn't is "be able to physically compete" seeing as how Ruby has been injured since the Riott Squad split 

• Like 1

So Gable gets the Shorty name for his intro AND proceeds to go undrafted.... yikes

seems like they could have just done 5 rounds and had Cesaro, EC3, etc. get picked instead of being FAs because neither side saw them worthy of being selected, thus totally de-valuing them.  If they setup a storyline for someone who was undrafted to prove his merit I would get it, but we all know that ain’t happening... 

Edited by ctapley

I'm into Bayley's new look. I'm a big fan of getting new gear for a heel turn and her's is a little late but welcome. Not super sure why they needed to give Charlotte another micro-reign (except maybe to get a pop on a night that was light on them) but the matches were good. Now all Bayley needs is a vicious new finish and a better theme and I think she'll really have something.

Women have been carrying the main roster shows for a while now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

So in the "war rooms" were there any actual executives or were those all your local indy guys who usually get cast as security.

I think I saw FOX college football studio host(and former 24/7 Champ) Rob Stone in the front left of the War Room.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Except you know it won't get better so why keep doing it?

Hmmm, do I really know it won't get better? No. I don't have a crystal ball or the ability to predict the future. Hell, it wasn't even that long ago that we got a series of good Raws in a row.

Here's an idea: Maybe you could let me and anyone else vent their frustrations with how bad these shows are when they could easily be better considering not a one of us says a word to anyone who manages to enjoy it instead of wishing we'd just go away or go to a specific part of the board.

• Like 3

They gave Charlotte a super short reign so the transformation of Evil Bayley could finalize on the second week of their new live show on a major TV network. They need to have big moments and the like — especially for new viewers who maybe saw a promo on Sunday on the NFL or just through the week and decided to tune in. A title change is certainly that, and it has meat on the bones for people who have been watching for a while seeing a once beloved role model go fully into the dark side.

I cannot believe there is still this Charlotte Flair Is Not Good thing. You are doing wrestling wrong if you are not showcasing the daughter of arguably the most beloved wrestler of all-time who is also a hyper athletic freak and has a remarkable amount of high-end matches and also has great presence. Charlotte is incredibly good at what she does and I am pretty sure all the people hating on her are pranking me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Poor Izzy.

since I was the one looking for clips of children reduced to tears over Evil Bayley turning her back on them and shanking the buddies I suppose it's my journalistic duty to report that Izzy has gone full smark and is going heel along with her hero

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

USA was at a disadvantage from the start because they don’t have a robot in their draft war room.

But wasn't one of the celebrities the star of IRobot?

Don't even know if that show is still on the air 

Edited by hammerva