DVDVR Message Board

Is It Windy In Here? I Feel A Draft! - SDL - 10/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Cesaro went undrafted.    Yikes. 

Wanted Cesaro on Smackdown for a while. If WWE don't want him on RAW or Smackdown, there's NXT. Cesaro was an intergral part of early NXT, still on main roster but making guest appearances on NXT most memorably vs. William Regal. Treatment of Cesaro really annoys me. Fuck is his new pants attire as well?

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, just drew said:

Oh man. Motherfucker is DOA. 

It's pretty embarrassing. If you need to tell someone you're cool, you're not cool. Having the company do it is the equivalent of Milhouse saying his mom calls him cool as he bombs at the talent show audition.

Favorite part of the show may be how quickly Roman left once The Fiend arrived. Like he wasn't about to get caught in Seth's stinking story!

Bayley's full turn was well done and I'm excited to see what she does next. Also curious to see where Charlotte goes. Still think she winds up on FOX somehow, but they've put some doubt into it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

New Day weren't eligible for tonight.  

Why?

Actually, what's the point. Every week I tune into these fucking shit shows in hopes that it'll get better and they somehow just manage to get worse. It's really something else.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Have a good time!

thank you, friend. Lower bowl, center ring, facing the hard cam. Should be good! We have always gotten nosebleeds when we go, last time for raw we got bumped up nicely, but these are better. Super pumped to see the new set and return of pyro!

My draft picks are, Andrade , KO, and Randy, for the women, alexa, Sasha, lacey Evans 

• Thanks 1

Like, look at that first match. Once again none of the faces have any friends worth a fuck. The Fiend attacks Seth and Roman just peaces out? The fuck kinda bullshit is that?

New Day wasn't eligible to be drafted? Oooook.

Gable is now officially Shorty Gable. One of the best things you can do in wrestling is HIDE SOMEONE'S FLAWS and here they are drawing attention to his, uh, erm, biggest flaw.

A lot of these draft picks felt like rehashes of the last draft picks that were made.

BUT heel Bayley was awesome so there is that, which is nice.

• Like 2

my proposal for a new Bayley theme song... start with the same theme, that cuts to a more sinister instrumental.. maybe the same vocals.. Sorta in the spirit of how the evil Doink theme starts with upbeat circus music before switching.

Go to Bandcamp (a website) and find some metal instrumental to use or rip off..

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Wait, did I miss something, or did the fucking Lucha House Party get drafted before the New Day?

They split all the talent into two pools for....  reasons.     So like half the roster was available to be drafted tonight and the other half ain't available until Monday.  I guess they did it this way to keep some intrigue heading into Monday with big names still out there.  

But most of this sucked,  it was rushed and Stephanie was just rattling off names left and right so nothing felt too special.  

Name left to be drafted include Brock,  Seth, Charlotte,  New Day, etc.  

There are some names who were in the talent pool tonight who went undrafted so they are now "free agents" including the aforementioned Cesaro.  Nobody wanted him apparently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Why is it important to look out for Charlotte's credibility? She's a worse promo than Rollins. Do people really care all that much about her? She's about the least interesting thing happening right now...

*sigh*

You get it so right so much of the time. I'm sure I can get you to see the light eventually. 

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

*sigh*

You get it so right so much of the time. I'm sure I can get you to see the light eventually. 

Nah. Trying to bring me around on Shoehorn Charlotte is a lost cause. I just don't see it. Her promos are grating and I think she's unbelievably overrated in-ring...

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Why?

Actually, what's the point. Every week I tune into these fucking shit shows in hopes that it'll get better and they somehow just manage to get worse. It's really something else.

So there are still interesting names to see drafted come Monday night. In terms of actual story purposes, no particular reason.

Honestly, I have no idea why you still watch. You and others come every week to comment about something you have made clear multiple times you loathe and know won't go through any major changes any time soon a long as Vince McMahon is healthy. I thought AEW existing would be where many of you would keep your attention and yet you still come back for.....reasons?

Edited by Eivion

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They split all the talent into two pools for....  reasons.     So like half the roster was available to be drafted tonight and the other half ain't available until Monday.  I guess they did it this way to keep some intrigue heading into Monday with big names still out there.  

But most of this sucked,  it was rushed and Stephanie was just rattling off names left and right so nothing felt too special.  

Name left to be drafted include Brock,  Seth, Charlotte,  New Day, etc.  

There are some names who were in the talent pool tonight who went undrafted so they are now "free agents" including the aforementioned Cesaro.  Nobody wanted him apparently. 

Nothing says this guy is over or "hey, y'all should watch this guy" like not even picking the motherfucker and showing how irrelevant they are.

But it's cool. Fucking Lucha House Party got drafted.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So there are still interesting names to see drafted come Monday night. In terms of actual story purposes, no particular reason.

Honestly, I have no idea why you still watch. You and others come every week to comment about something you have made clear multiple times you loathe and know won't go through any major changes any time soon a long as Vince McMahon is healthy. I thought AEW existing would where many of you would keep your attention and yet you still come back for.....reasons?

Man, it's almost like I explained right in the quote why I keep watching.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

Nah. Trying to bring me around on Shoehorn Charlotte is a lost cause. I just don't see it. Her promos are grating and I think she's unbelievably overrated in-ring...

She's certainly not above criticism. I've made no secret of the fact that I'd give her many notes if I were in a position to do so. But her presence and what she's able to do with it in that division are too interesting to write off. She definitely benefits from being a woman of a certain body type getting x-number of at bats in a division that is begging for some variety. 

• Like 1