DVDVR Message Board

Is It Windy In Here? I Feel A Draft! - SDL - 10/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Looking like a jacked up Tessa Blanchard with her generic WCW like entrance music.   It is going to be a shock to the system but I like it

Rest of the show was eh bordering on stupid

Charlotte's title reigns is going to be remembered like the 15+ titles that Dolph Ziggler and the Miz have.  Completely forgotten except for 1 or 2

Edited by hammerva

The last 20 minutes made up for what was an awful rest of the show.

Once again, they had a chance to make the draft seem cool by having it look and feel like a real sports draft with a draft clock and FOX graphics but just did the same bullshit they always do.  The war room segments were embarrassingly bad.  "Ok everyone, act happy.  Ok, now act sad."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

WWE logic: "Chad Gable has what we perceive to be a single glaring flaw. Let's change his name to draw attention to it!"

Might as well go whole hog and piss the dude's career away. Give him the 24/7 belt, and when the stampede of dark match wrestlers is chasing him down have Graves scream about how they're all trying to Get Shorty.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 5

What exactly was that thing Bayley was using to cut down the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Men? An axehandle with razor blades attached to the end? Why not just give her a machete or something? 

Calling Gable Shorty OFFICIALLY (as in even printing it on screen) just pissed me off. Knowing their penchant for single word names, watch them take "Gable" out eventually. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-draft-2019-full-list-night-one-picks-and-free-agents-294636

As a Smackdown fan, drafts usually don't work out well. I can only remember a couple of times. This be one gaining Sasha Banks, the Revival and Roman Reigns.

Since the 2016 roster split, most of my favourites are drafted to Smackdown and that's why I all but once wanted it to be a Smackdown show. When WWE return to the UK in November, they alternate between RAW and Smackdown. We were getting Smackdown where we live...until the date was and brand was changed to RAW because of Fuck Saudi Arabia.

Edited by The Natural

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned here how WWE spoiled the draft order by posting the draft pools on WWE.com in the order that people were being drafted. Then, in an effort to mix it up some, they did things like have USA draft Bliss and Cross separately, when they could have had them as a team with one pick.

Also:

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Even money says Vince is already waking up Eric Bischoff in the dead of night with deranged texts about whether or not robots are capable of urinating. 

*Bischoff is startled out of a dream of running a faked plane crash angle on Smackdown and he hears Vince's voice*

"Hey Buddy, what about this.. William Regal pees on that Fox robot.."

• Haha 1

Out of the wrestlers moved to RAW, I only like AJ Styles,  Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross. You rarely see the AJ Styles of 2016 or 2017 nowadays. I contrast that to Roman Reigns, the Revival, Sasha Banks, Bray Wyatt and Bayley. I hope WWE goes back to the once a year draft in 2020 than the two held this year.