DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Hamhock said:

Say “The House that Ruth Built has no roof built” five times fast.

If you say it in a mirror, The Babe greets you with hookers; cigars; and hot dogs.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Oh also it appears both teams will now use their Game 1 starters in Game 4 (since both will be on normal rest) instead of doing a bullpen game

which is good since the Yankees bullpen is taxed thanks to Paxton and Severino

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

which is good since the Yankees bullpen is taxed thanks to Paxton and Severino

They are far from taxed

They had a day off after Game 2 so James Paxton getting yanked early wouldn't matter

Not counting Luis Cessa - these were the pitch totals of the Yankee relievers 8-7-7-11 yesterday

If they can't pitch a consecutive day after those numbers in the postseason, they shouldn't be on the roster

• Like 1

The Astros were caught cheating in playoffs last year

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/the-houston-astros-were-caught-cheating-and-major-league-baseball-released-a-statement-to-announce-that-theyre-cool-with-that

And clearly the Yankees are the only team with terrible fans who boo and leave early

• Like 1

Houston is winning because they are the best team in baseball

That doesn't negate my point which was that The Vile One clearly thinks Aaron Boone bitching about violations of the unwritten rules of baseball (which is a whole different pile of bullshit) is classless when the team he is rooting for was acknowledged breaking actual rules. (Or at a minimum - violating said unwritten rules of baseball)

And I love how the new thing is to mock all fan bases for leaving blowouts early. Because all the Nats fans need to walk home next week because the missed the last train - otherwise be labelled as "not true fans"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Houston is winning because they are the best team in baseball

That doesn't negate my point which was that The Vile One clearly thinks Aaron Boone bitching about violations of the unwritten rules of baseball (which is a whole different pile of bullshit) is classless when the team he is rooting for was acknowledged breaking actual rules. (Or at a minimum - violating said unwritten rules of baseball)

And I love how the new thing is to mock all fan bases for leaving blowouts early. Because all the Nats fans need to walk home next week because the missed the last train - otherwise be labelled as "not true fans"

Stealing signs isn't against the rules. The Yankee fanbase is classless if they are going to boo their own team. 

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Stealing signs isn't against the rules. The Yankee fanbase is classless if they are going to boo their own team. 

It is against the "unwritten rules of baseball" which was the original story came out was the point that Boone and the team made (you can have your own opinion of the unwritten rules but that is a different story)

And if you think the Astros fans have never booed their own team - then you live in a different reality than I do.

Or you could read this thread from last year about Stros fans constantly booed Ken Giles

• Like 1

I could complain about strike zones being expanded for Yanks and contracted for Astros pitchers, but that's always gonna happen one way or another with these arrogant, no accountability Umpires.  At least it's not Joe West and Angel Hernandez out there.  And, really, in this game, it'd still be tied if Hicks's homer was three inches to the right and foul.  Verlander retired the next 20 out of 21 dudes he faced?  That's life. 

On the other hand,

I for one, welcome our new robot umpire overlords. 

Football Lawful Metal will never be as bad as Basketball Lawful Metal because Football Lawful Metal has no expectations of anything for the Texans.  Or the Longhorns.  Any time they actually win, I feel confused.  Like, what the hell happened last week?  I still don't really know how to feel about that.

Edited by Lawful Metal