DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/9/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Jericho scorched the earth and brought the fire with that promo and it was AWESOME. Say what you will about him being older and out of shape, but this mother fucker carries himself like a gigantic star and how anyone could say he’s the wrong dude to be the first world champion is insane. 

The average size of the wrestlers being smaller benefits Hagar since that dude looks like a beast standing next to the rest. But, and I’m sorry for not remembering who said it so I can credit you, he looks like the dude who is stoned out of his gord and desperately trying not to look so. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

HAHAHA he really does look baked out of his mind, but is trying to hide it. Like, "just act natural, be cool, be cool, be cool, oh fuck what was that?!" and then that's when his eyes get all shifty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I'm still waiting for a Falcon Arrow to be called. Excalibur hasn't called that since All In.

He did call a Falcon Arrow. Jimmy Havoc hit one into a Sleeper on Darby. Although I think TNT was in break at the time.

Edit: Speaking of Excalibur, someone let him know that if JR and Tony get on to the subject of College Sports, they aren't going to want to stop talking about it. Give them a College Sports podcast or something.

Edited by AxB

I genuinely enjoyed the places where Tony came across like he realized he hasn't caught up enough after being out of the business for so long, like his sheer delight in finding out, on air, that the reverse splash is now called the Vader Bomb. 

On the other hand, Ross' constant pimping of other sports just comes across like, deep down, he feels that wrestlers aren't really athletes.  Like the 5th-on-the-depth-chart left guard on the BAH GAWD OKLAHOMA SOONERS who gets zero reps is still a far greater athlete than anyone on the roster not possessing an equal or better real sports background.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I genuinely enjoyed the places where Tony came across like he realized he hasn't caught up enough after being out of the business for so long, like his sheer delight in finding out, on air, that the reverse splash is now called the Vader Bomb. 

On the other hand, Ross' constant pimping of other sports just comes across like, deep down, he feels that wrestlers aren't really athletes.  Like the 5th-on-the-depth-chart left guard on the BAH GAWD OKLAHOMA SOONERS who gets zero reps is still a far greater athlete than anyone on the roster not possessing an equal or better real sports background.

Agreed on both points. I felt like JR was a weak spot this week after not minding him too much recently. We all know it's stupid when there's obvious shit that should be a DQ, but it's his job to mask that shit as best as possible and then he can chew whomever out after the show. See what Excalibur did with it. And he's also there to hype up the talent and instead he's often calling out their gameplan as stupid or whatever. If it's part of the storyline, fine. If it's not, don't put yourself over at the expense of the talent. Why is some dumbass on his computer having to say this about somebody who's been doing it for 30+ years at the highest level? 

I'm looking forward to a trio of Excalibur, Tony, and Golden Boy or just the Excalibur and Schiavone pairing. They should ride Ross out for a while until they're established and then move him into another position until he wants to retire or goes back to WWE.

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Emi Sakura not only channeling Freddie Mercury but also doing the yells that he'd have the crowd follow was by far my favorite part of the tag match.  I really need to check out more of her stuff but don't know the first place to look considering how long she's been wrestling (any help on that would be appreciated).

Since 1996 or so, the first several years under her real name (Emi Motokawa). She was so good I named my old dog for her. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BTW, the tongue wagging thing...

My wife was kind enough to watch last night's show with me to understand what she's getting herself into when we go to the 11/27 show (man, that should be fucking awesome). We're watching the first match and she asks, "why does the blond Young Buck keep licking his lips and wagging his tongue?" I honestly really didn't have an answer to that and never noticed Nick Jackson doing that before.

Then we get the promo with the Inner Circle and Santana or Ortiz, I forget which, is just wagging his tongue like crazy. My wife also points this out and mentions that it's borderline gross, but also funny because he looks like the dumb hyena from the Lion King. AND THEN she notices Sammy licking his lips and sticking his tongue out.

It didn't stop there.

This happened all night. Not a big deal, but it was really weird to see so many wrestlers all night licking their lips and wagging their tongues. @Niners Fan in CT was it really dry in there or something? Maybe they ate a bunch of pretzels that were making them thirsty?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, the tongue wagging thing...

My wife was kind enough to watch last night's show with me to understand what she's getting herself into when we go to the 11/27 show (man, that should be fucking awesome). We're watching the first match and she asks, "why does the blond Young Buck keep licking his lips and wagging his tongue?" I honestly really didn't have an answer to that and never noticed Nick Jackson doing that before.

Then we get the promo with the Inner Circle and Santana or Ortiz, I forget which, is just wagging his tongue like crazy. My wife also points this out and mentions that it's borderline gross, but also funny because he looks like the dumb hyena from the Lion King. AND THEN she notices Sammy licking his lips and sticking his tongue out.

It didn't stop there.

This happened all night. Not a big deal, but it was really weird to see so many wrestlers all night licking their lips and wagging their tongues. @Niners Fan in CT was it really dry in there or something? Maybe they ate a bunch of pretzels that were making them thirsty?

Very well played. I love the way you stuck that in at the end.

Image result for seinfeld clapping gif

• Like 3

If the AEW audience keeps dropping 28% every week, they’ll drop from 1,018,000 this week to 735k next week to 145k on Nov 20 to 29k on Christmas Night to 4,000 people on February 5th.

my conclusion from 2 weeks of ratings samples: AEW needs more Basketball wives.

(If you need a sarcasm tag for the first paragraph)

But anyways, how did Dodgers/Nats compare in the ratings to Rays/Athletics? Can’t blame it all on baseball because they played last week too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

If the AEW audience keeps dropping 28% every week, they’ll drop from 1,018,000 this week to 735k next week to 145k on Nov 20 to 29k on Christmas Night to 4,000 people on February 5th.

my conclusion from 2 weeks of ratings samples: AEW needs more Basketball wives.

(If you need a sarcasm tag for the first paragraph)

But anyways, how did Dodgers/Nats compare in the ratings to Rays/Athletics? Can’t blame it all on baseball because they played last week too.

From the F4W board:

The comparable baseball game did 3.969 mil last week, 5.856 mil this week with a 37 minute later start time.

Much stiffer competition but if people really want to watch, they'll watch.

4 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It also didn’t help that a large market team like Lost Angel were one of the teams in that game.

And they were looking like they were going to win until LOLOLOLDAVEROBERTS

• Haha 1

I checked out seating charts for the upcoming, not-sold out shows and there are still huge swaths of cheap seats available for most all of them. Pittsburgh is looking better than it did prior to the TV debut but still significant gaps that will likely be hidden. Full Gear's sales are coming along but it's a significantly bigger building than the TV shows and still a bunch of empty seats. Will TV help or are they pretty much at where they're at for now?