DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NCAAF: Week 7

Dolfan in NYC

The OSU has moved into a tie for #3 with Georgia.  No other rankings changes, though UF did jump four slots to #7, probably to put some more eyes on their game with #5 LSU.

Bama gets their first decent-ish test of the season with #24 Texas Agricultural.   

#6 Zero U plays #11 Texas in a game that looks better on paper than it will in front of 90,000 soon to be quiet Texans. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

#6 Zero U plays #11 Texas in a game that looks better on paper than it will in front of 90,000 soon to be quiet Texans. 

It's the Red River Showdown so more like 50,000 quiet Texans and 50,000 rootin', tootin' Okies.

Oh, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that my alma mater is being run by a bunch of shitheads.  

Columbia University has defunded and banned the Columbia University Marching Band from all sporting events. 

It's exceptionally stupid and unbelievably asinine reason for banning them is late paperwork (oh, and a years long desire to form a "traditional" marching band).  The band is currently working off donations from a GoFundMe.   https://www.gofundme.com/f/savetheCUMB

Fuck President Bollinger 

• Sad 1

I spent way too many Saturdays hanging out with the CUMB back in high school since my ID looked almost exactly like the Columbia ID. It got to the point where they actually invited me to "roadie" for them at the odd away game, but my mom (not unreasonably) put the kibosh on 4 am road trips with a bunch of nutty college kids up to Dartmouth.

• Like 2

Oklahoma should be killing Texas but are making too many mistakes.  Now the game is tied 

Well Georgia won't have to worry about the Alabama and Florida of the SEC unless they wake up against South Carolina 

Edited by hammerva

Rutgers might've hit a new low today, at least on offense.

They rushed for 74 yards, and that's the highlight. They had five total completions on the game. Their leading receiver caught 3 passes for 4 yards. The other two catches were for -2 and -1 yards.

Yes, they finished with a single yard passing, and just 75 yards total offense.

Of course, this was against the ferocious defense of the mighty... Illinois Fighting Illini. Oh.

51 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Rutgers might've hit a new low today, at least on offense.

They rushed for 74 yards, and that's the highlight. They had five total completions on the game. Their leading receiver caught 3 passes for 4 yards. The other two catches were for -2 and -1 yards.

Yes, they finished with a single yard passing, and just 75 yards total offense.

Of course, this was against the ferocious defense of the mighty... Illinois Fighting Illini. Oh.

As an IU fan I take great offense at you thinking we were Illinois. We are just mediocre, Illinois sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A bit more on Rutgers being quite possibly the worst Big Ten team ever this year: In their first four conference games, they've been outscored 165-7. Their remaining conference slate is Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, Penn State and MSU. That could be beyond brutal. 

12 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

As an IU fan I take great offense at you thinking we were Illinois. We are just mediocre, Illinois sucks.

I could totally see a half-strength Illinois team get past Rutgers while the other half was getting whooped by Michigan.

I was at the Madison/Sparty game and they sure didn't seem to want to be there after about one drive. Even their fans barely reacted because nothing good ever happened after they screwed up their one good drive of the game. They are who we thought they were? Maybe Wisconsin won't get pummeled by Ohio State again.

Edited by Ryan