DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Vontaze Burfict has lost his appeal and will sit for the rest of 2019 season. 

I'm guessing the next one sends him packing for good. 

At this point, is there any reason anyone should give him another chance? He didn't even end up helping the Raiders much before being gone a month in.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

The pats also have two Undrafted WR playing major roles, and several other key members of their offense injured. Their defense is scary good, and their offense will improve. 

(But I'm also biased)

They've also played the Dolphins, Jets, Slurs, a depleted Giants team with a rookie QB and a bad Steelers team.

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

They've also played the Dolphins, Jets, Slurs, a depleted Giants team with a rookie QB and a bad Steelers team.

This is completely true.

But they are also, more than a third of the way into the season, allowing just 8 points a game. If that holds up (which I doubt it will) they'd shatter the 2000 Ravens record by more than two points per game, and by 37 total points allowed. 

So, yes, they've unquestionably benefitted from playing the easiest schedule in the NFL so far (second easiest thus far is SF, the other unbeaten, so it clearly matters) but they've also absolutely took care of business on defense and just completely annihilated everyone they've faced. 

They've got the Jets next, but then Cleveland and Baltimore the next two weeks, and those two teams seem like their offense can other either way week to week. But after the bye we'll get a much better idea when they play Philly, Dallas, Houston and KC right in a row.

Of course, by then they'll also be 13 games into the season.

Edited by Brian Fowler

14 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

They could lose all four of those games and still win their division. I'm honestly not sure it's going to matter.

The Bills are a game behind without the Texans and Chiefs on their schedule. I think it will matter if the Pats are the same world beaters they are now when they play teams with winning records.

The Dolphins are actually benching their top players for even minor injuries today.   I mean it seems impossible for the Skins to lose this game.    If they thought they could get away with it I would think the Dolphins coaches would actually tell the D where the ball is going

also in the perfect example of why the Redzone channel is a godsend, in the 1:00 slot people in DC will have to choose between the Dolphins vs Skins and the Ravens vs Bengals.  Two games with 3 winless teams.  

• Haha 2

I am so there with bells on for that Washington/Dolphins game. Cannot wait.

Ramsey out again even after the heart to heart with Shad. Deadbeat dad but really good receiver Tyreek Hill is back today. We shall see if he can help now that "the book is out!" on how to beat the Chiefs. 

I remember when a few delusional people thought the Panthers drafting Will Grier would be a sign that Cam needs to be nervous about his job security.   Then Kyle Allen happened and Cam REALLY needs to be worried about his starting QB security.  Not sure anybody thought of a probable 4-2 start regardless of the QB

Meanwhile it is good to know that Jay Gruden is vacationing in Miami.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hope you like punts

It's everything I hoped for and more so far.

Hill with a huge catch in double coverage on a free play for a ~50 yard bomb. Instant impact. Got way up there for the catch and stayed up there. Dickhead.

Edited by Oyaji