DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

Have I mentioned recently how much football sucks? 

ded9tqi6a5r31.jpg

Welcome to week 6. 

(Yes, I know the meme is wrong.  There have been 73 scoreless ties in NFL history.  Last one was in 1943.)

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Somewhere on that there should be Bruce Allen's "WE HAVE A DAMN GOOD CULTURE" line from yesterday .  I am sure Dolphins management feels the same way

The best player they have under contract essentially said, "Fuck you, I'm not coming back."  

• Like 1

Deshaun Watson versus Patrick Mahomes should be fun.  Be interesting to see which Deshaun shows up, and how bad the play-calling will be.  If Deshaun is on like he was last week, and versus the Saints and the Chargers (as opposed to versus Jax and Carolina), it might be the highest scoring game ever.  Not a ton of defense on either side, unless Mahomes is so hobbled with his ankle injury he can't get a way from Watt and Mercilus. 

ESPN is reporting that Mike Tomlin is "at the top of the wish list" for the job in Washington. 

I'd like to report that an all expenses paid trip to Tahiti is at the top of my wish list as well. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

ESPN is reporting that Mike Tomlin is "at the top of the wish list" for the job in Washington. 

I'd like to report that an all expenses paid trip to Tahiti is at the top of my wish list as well. 

I'd like to put my face at the top of the wish list for Rihanna's bicycle seat, if we're making lists.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

a6f4fc64596d2d29da5def444a927e3b.jpg

All jokes aside, every Steelers fan I know is tired of Tomlin and the racial slurs love to overpay dudes with big names.  I wouldn't take that job if I was serious about winning another Super Bowl, but if I was trying to get a big paycheck and retire...I'd sign a 5 year deal that I'm sure I'd get fired from in 2.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

I don't see how the Racialslurs get anyone but a retread or someone who's really desperate. If you had any NFL options at all why go to that shitbox?

Yeah, I think Tomlin is too young and too in demand to take that job.  The thing about Tomlin is that I have no idea if he is any good as a coach.  He's had one of the most talented offensive rosters in history, and hasn't been able to win.  He's also had one of the most bat shit insane offensive rosters, and he's pretty much always been a contender.  I don't know if he's done a poor job with the talent or a great job with the crazy.  

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

I'd like to put my face at the top of the wish list for Rihanna's bicycle seat, if we're making lists.

I don't think RiRi rides bicycles, supreme.

Then again, watch there be a Fenty line of electric bicycles come 2020.

52 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I don't see how the Racialslurs get anyone but a retread or someone who's really desperate. If you had any NFL options at all why go to that shitbox?

I'm sure they're ready to start blowing up Jim Harbaugh's phone if Michigan loses again. Hell, they've probably already blown up his phone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/rex-ryan-i-would-take-the-washington-job/

Snyder is going to end up with Rex Ryan and totally deserve it.

Somebody make this happen. Can we get Rob Ryan to run the defense and Adam Gase to run the offense, too? 

Edited by Tabe
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

I'm not sure how Jim Harbaugh blowing up his phone solves anything, other than preventing him from being contacted by Dan Snyder.

Harbaugh has been a complete and utter failure at Michigan.  They thought he'd bring the program back to greatness, but they might as well have kept Lloyd Carr around based on how little success they've had since he's been gone.  They want to be final four contenders, and if that isn't possible, they want to beat Ohio State...they can't do either.  The question is can Michigan compete at the level they expect to compete at this point?  Most of Michigan's success was that Ohio produced enough players that Ohio State couldn't take them all.  Ohio State has been so dominant against Michigan for so long that I don't think you can recruit players based on the rivalry...especially if you have to go to Ohio to get them.  

And Harbaugh is actually technically doing better than the last two guys, it's looking like maybe Michigan just isn't Michigan anymore. Ohio has about three million more people and doesn't have another Power 5 team in state to compete with.

Michigan State used a great coaching hire just as Michigan hit an all-time low to really change the state, and really the whole division.