Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

 

I was about to follow up with 'depends which half' . Though I think the bad boy got his math(s) wrong.

I meant because Rollins lost. Alexa Bliss is a classy young woman and I would never....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t help but admire Brock’s approach of going on early, wrapping up in under 5 minutes, and getting out of town

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I love me some freak show matches. Bring on Lesnar v Cole v Fiend. 

When I read that at first, I thought that meant Michael Cole.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given what Bray kicked out of, there's only one person that can defeat him:

 

1154579879.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can hate on me all you want, but are Y'all really sure this isn't a short term ratings grab for Raw? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth should've just turned his back on Bray and refused to believe in him like Nancy did in the original Nightmare On Elm Street. That way the Fiend would've vanished into thin air.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Esperanza showing up in WWE might get me to watch again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wearing egg on my face lol, but as a huge fan of Wyatt's I'm pretty damn proud to be wrong.

 

Super interested to see how they get him back to Raw tomorrow night on Smackdown.

 

Team Flair v Team Hogan was fun, I dug the chants for Harper and wouldn't have minded him winning over Carillo, but Carillo/AJ wasn't bad at all.

The less said about Cain/Brock the better.

I'm unclear was this a one shot for Cain(forgive my ignorance) or is he signed?  Having him come in to further a Brock/Mysterio feud wouldnt be the worst idea ever and I'd be all in on Mysterio/Lesnar happening, possibly at Mania?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I'm unclear was this a one shot for Cain(forgive my ignorance) or is he signed?  Having him come in to further a Brock/Mysterio feud wouldnt be the worst idea ever and I'd be all in on Mysterio/Lesnar happening, possibly at Mania?

Cain is signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they still make all the champions fight at Survivor Series?

Heel AJ v Heel Nakamura.

Becky v Bayley

Viking Raiders v Revival

Lesnar v Wyatt is going to be interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Can’t help but admire Brock’s approach of going on early, wrapping up in under 5 minutes, and getting out of town

He supposedly had to stop and give Hogan/Flair a ride on his private jet somewhere they got held up so he probably wanted to skip out on them so he doesn’t have to hear woooo and brother for however many hours straight again on the plane ride back.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took them awhile, but after years of booking, WWE finally feels they have perfectly built to the Wyatt vs Brock blow off, time to pay this feud off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Seth should've just turned his back on Bray and refused to believe in him like Nancy did in the original Nightmare On Elm Street. That way the Fiend would've vanished into thin air.

So what we should be doing is getting Seth to say the words "Sgnillor Htes?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Everything is fixed now guys! They will totally stop throwing water bottles at Nattie and Lacey any minute now!

Wait, what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So USA Network drafted Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss to Raw separately when a tag team counts as one. So they wasted an extra pick in the draft to only trade them back to Smackdown later?

And Raw conducted this trade to get a future trade back in case their champion lost to a FOX wrestler? Alright then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zartan said:

He supposedly had to stop and give Hogan/Flair a ride on his private jet somewhere they got held up so he probably wanted to skip out on them so he doesn’t have to hear woooo and brother for however many hours straight again on the plane ride back.

I read he picked them up in Iceland. According to Google it's a 12 hour flight from Iceland to Saudi Arabia. I love Ric Flair. But could you imagine being in a small plane at about the six hour mark when he starts salsa dancing and cutting a promo on Hogan.

So i only watched like an hour of the show. To be honest I was only interested in the women's match to see how long it would go and what they would have to wear. As much as I like Lacey with her pinup gimmick, I liked her look in minimal make up. This was also easily her best tv match since NXT.

Fury vs. Braun wasn't the train wreck I thought it would be. Still akward at times, but Tyson could really make a go in wrestling if he wanted.

I was plesantly suripsied but Cesaro vs. Mansoor. Mansoor came off as a total star and they should really try to do something with him. Cesaro also might be a Bret Hart level miracle worker when it comes to carrying guys. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagining Brock’s face if Flair did his naked under the robe gimmick. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Imagining Brock’s face if Flair did his naked under the robe gimmick. 

Wouldn't be the first time Brock saw that. Plane Ride from Hell in 2002.

EDIT: Speaking of planes.

 

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casey said:

Wouldn't be the first time Brock saw that. Plane Ride from Hell in 2002.

EDIT: Speaking of planes.

 

WWE's travel schedule is insane but especially going from the USA to Saudi Arabia, back to America and the UK tour starts next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep them over there for the UK tour. Use some longer matches on SDL to keep things going.

Bryan can wrestle Sami Zayn. Add in promo time and there's 45 mins.

Kabuki Warriors defend against IIconics - 15 mins.

Bayley vs Carmella for the Women's title - 15 mins.

Drew Gulak vs a local jobber with a promo - 15 mins.

Some backstage stuff with Fire and Desire, Elias and maybe Drake Maverick. Is Big Show still around? Add in a highlight package of CJ, highlighting that SDL now has the Universal Championship, and a 2 hour show is filled pretty easily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta add some time for Crown Jewel replays

The reality is that this is probably benign. But we’re ranking “most likely to cause an international incident” among the talent in SA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Keep them over there for the UK tour. Use some longer matches on SDL to keep things going.

Bryan can wrestle Sami Zayn. Add in promo time and there's 45 mins.

Kabuki Warriors defend against IIconics - 15 mins.

Bayley vs Carmella for the Women's title - 15 mins.

Drew Gulak vs a local jobber with a promo - 15 mins.

Some backstage stuff with Fire and Desire, Elias and maybe Drake Maverick. Is Big Show still around? Add in a highlight package of CJ, highlighting that SDL now has the Universal Championship, and a 2 hour show is filled pretty easily.

Are there any more "free agents" they could plug into SDL for the night?

And as much as I love Gallows and Anderson, wouldn't the best ending to the tag team thingy have been the AOP coming out as the unannounced final team and immediately getting some shine? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Wait, what?

During entrances - both Lacey and Nattie had water bottles thrown at them

Now my initial comment was tongue in cheek since it clearly was only like 1 or 2 people doing it however, the WWE marketing of the match (as per usual) irritated me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One upside to the travel issues - they can have Daniel Bryan vs. Sami Zayn for like a hour if they wanted to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...