Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Recommended Posts

These tweets make it clear this wasn't a mechanical issue. Anyone who believes that is lying to themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

These tweets make it clear this wasn't a mechanical issue. Anyone who believes that is lying to themselves.

Will we ever get the real story?  I'd be thrilled if this was the end of the Blood Money series. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

somebody's gonna try to get a raise purely by playing the "pay me more or else I'll tell the Riyadh story".. we'll see which person on the trip leaves the WWE first.

At least Saudi Aramco's IPO is moving along smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

somebody's gonna try to get a raise purely by playing the "pay me more or else I'll tell the Riyadh story".. we'll see which person on the trip leaves the WWE first.

How would the guys that had to stay know the real story? If it was not a mechanical issue, I am sure that they were fed bullshit for 24+ hours from both WWE and the Saudi officials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To summarize that Youtube clip - which is from the WON radio show this morning

- WWE had not been paid for the Super Showdown Show (the last Saudi show) as of Sept 30.

- The WWE received $60 million after Sept 30 but before Oct 31. (The implication from Dave was that the WWE wasn't paid until the morning of Oct 31 (EST) basically right before the investor call happened)

- Money was definitely owed to the WWE and thus lead to Vince (in whatever happened) delaying the show to air live in Saudi Arabia. (Dave thinks it was about a 40 minute delay)

- Talent knew that there was a showdown between Vince and the Saudis (the wrestlers are calling it a dick waving contests and that they were the pawns)

- Talent was told there were mechanical issues. One person who contacted Dave said that they did initially believe it was just mechanical problems. HOWEVER several other people who were there contacted Dave to save the never believed the story

- Reasons cited for not believing the story: presence of military police, why were they not re-routing to a different flight, it doesn't take over 24 hours to fix a plane

- Dave said he had people tell him that they will never go back. He also said people told him they just can't wait to get out of the company. Meltzer did note again that who knows what will happen as time passes (and if people change their mind). He said he doesn't know if someone is going to step up and address management on Monday at RAW (this is what Karl Anderson was referencing in his tweet)

- There are clearly people pissed that Vince left while they were still stuck. Tyson Fury was on the jet with Flair, Hogan and Jimmy Hart. It is not confirmed if the problems started AFTER Vince left or not but their are talent that does feel like Vince abandoned them.

- Cain Valesquez was with the regular crew

- Dave noted that there were "really really bad" stories from the first few Saudi shows that no one has shared publicly yet and that talent originally didn't believe but now after this trip, things are starting to make sense

- Dave then brings up that basically if the talent doesn't unionize now its not gonna happen especially after seeing that if they all walk out, Vince will just replace them with NXT Talent and draw basically the same rating

The rest of the clip is breakdown Smackdown and more specifically Brock going to RAW

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

- There are clearly people pissed that Vince left while they were still stuck. Tyson Fury was on the jet with Flair, Hogan and Jimmy Hart. It is not confirmed if the problems started AFTER Vince left or not but their are talent that does feel like Vince abandoned them.

Oh to be a fly on the wall with a little Talkboy in my fly leg on that plane.

I don’t know if this on the YouTube clip(I only listened to the full WOR this morning), but they also brought up the stuck wrestlers being pissed that only 12 guys(who are seen as essential) got a special charter flight arranged for them, while they were seen as non-essentials. Also that press release that basically took a shit on the wrestlers that didn’t appear to show loyalty by not fighting hard enough to leave SA.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously why would you put Cain on the plane with the littles this soon in his "run"?    Was he really just a one off with the company unlike apparently Tyson Fury?
 

Quote

Will we ever get the real story?  I'd be thrilled if this was the end of the Blood Money series. 

I have a feeling that the RF Video Luke Harper shoot interview in 2025 is going to be very interesting.  If he isn't still stuck in that company like an idiot

Edited by hammerva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Seriously why would you put Cain on the plane with the littles this soon in his "run"?    Was he really just a one off with the company unlike apparently Tyson Fury?
 

A) Probably didn’t know.

B)Probably is more welcome in the locker room by the boys, and wanted to hang with them in the process.

C) He’s also apparently full-time, unlike Tyson Fury.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Dave seemed to talk about it is that Cain is a nice guy who just wants to be seen as one of the guys and that is why he was staying with the crew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly that... You’re going to be full-time. So why would you act like a prima donna, and not share the same lifestyle with them? Staying with them will win him a lot of nice guy points.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:
 

Anderson tends to be sarcastic, so maybe this is just him building up AJ's comment last week about being the real champion on RAW. However, Rollins supposedly left early to be with Becky in Dubai, as she was doing a CrossFit session with a children's organization there.

The SmackDown crew left in an effort to get to that show. So while those left behind may be hurt--rightfully so with that weird press release--those who left can say they were going to do two shows in roughly 24 hours with a 15-hour flight in between. Most of those guys are either in production or were scheduled for matches. That's work, and any hard feelings will probably be smoothed over on that end.

I don't fault Rollins for wanting to travel with his fiancée, but I could see him leaving for personal reasons not sitting well with some, especially if they were under duress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

- Reasons cited for not believing the story: presence of military police, why were they not re-routing to a different flight, it doesn't take over 24 hours to fix a plane

🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh to be a fly on the wall with a little Talkboy in my fly leg on that plane.

Well, it's not like all their cell phones were confiscated on the flight... right? 

After listening to the Punk podcast and the Ambrose podcast this week I'm so ready for shit to finally hit the fan in a big way with these creeps, but you just know this comedy of errors will roll on and on.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Anderson tends to be sarcastic, so maybe this is just him building up AJ's comment last week about being the real champion on RAW. However, Rollins supposedly left early to be with Becky in Dubai, as she was doing a CrossFit session with a children's organization there.

The SmackDown crew left in an effort to get to that show. So while those left behind may be hurt--rightfully so with that weird press release--those who left can say they were going to do two shows in roughly 24 hours with a 15-hour flight in between. Most of those guys are either in production or were scheduled for matches. That's work, and any hard feelings will probably be smoothed over on that end.

I don't fault Rollins for wanting to travel with his fiancée, but I could see him leaving for personal reasons not sitting well with some, especially if they were under duress.

I suppose divide and conquer is the only way for WWE management to come ahead in this one.

Edited by Robert s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If one company is gonna have a unionization push, I’d think AEW talent should get in on this union thing. But I doubt either company experiences that for different reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This company deserves the corporate death penalty. If you believe Meltzer's reporting on this, and you still support WWE with your money - you're a part of the problem at this point.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah you have to remember this doesn't just affect the wrestlers and crew, it affects all of their friends and families who need them to be, you know, safe. They are endangering the mental, if not physical well-being of hundreds of people with this deal. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...