DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Dolfan in NYC

Per PWI - the WWE FINALLY sprung for one charter flight that will bring everyone back to the states that will leave in about 3 hours (10 pm EST)

They will fly into New York City. (RAW is at the Nassau Colosseum on Long Island on Monday)

The wrestlers have the option of going home for one day and then coming back or just staying in NYC

(The implication is that for once the WWE would pick up the tab)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I love that Ric Flair got the fuck out of dodge but left his future son-in-law behind

Well, when he was younger, he apparently left his wife and kids behind a few hundred (more like a few thousand) nights to go stylin' and profilin', so it's not exactly surprising.    

37 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I wasn't 'necessarily' thinking Ric Flair, but I was wondering if some alcohol violation wasn't an issue.

Reminds me of Jericho talking about his travel issues on the one Saudi show.

"I was like, 'Dude, I need a fucking drink right now.' They're like, 'You can't have a drink until you're an hour over airspace.' I sat on that thing counting - 49 minutes, 48 minutes, 1 minute, 0 minutes... triple vodka right now!"

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Haha 2

There were other issues involved but Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn and Vince's personal staff were out of Saudi Arabia before they surfaced as they left earlier on Vince's private jet. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman were able to leave the country immediately on the private jet Lesnar is given for these events.

56312ce982c98f77-600x338.jpg

• Haha 4

the plane is in the air and on its way to JFK. It is now in Egyptian airspace. You can see the route has deviated a little because flights from Riyadh creatively avoid flying over Syria or Israel for some pretty obvious reasons (the first time a commercial flight from Israel flew over Saudi airspace happened last year).

I don't think they let people hang out at the airport to cheer on the landing of the flight. So don't go to JFK for that, weirdos.

Heath Slater literally has kids. 

All jokes aside, think of how their families must be feeling through all of this. Even if they have cell phone connection with their loved ones. They had to be worried sick

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - a lot of the talent is saying they are never going back. Dave is acknowledging though that who knows who will actually hold true to that.

Be interesting to see which talent will refuse to go next time round. I said earlier that Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens will have company. I wouldn't fucking go.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Be interesting to see which talent will refuse to go next time round. I said earlier that Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens will have company. I wouldn't fucking go.

I get he's the chairman and all, but the fact that Vince left most of his roster and employees there...bad optics IMO. 

I greatly respect all the talents who said no. Not that I disrespect the guys who did make the trip. Not all guys are in position to say no like a Daniel Bryan. Plus in business, you sometimes have to pick your battles.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 4