DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Casey said:

This company deserves the corporate death penalty. If you believe Meltzer's reporting on this, and you still support WWE with your money - you're a part of the problem at this point.

This.

Someone call up RIPPA and co. as it's time to put an end to this section of the board as anyone who still watches this stuff, attends any live events or even has a Network subscription is part of the problem.

Being a wrestling fan you become accustomed to the arrogance of conmen spinning you intelligence-insulting BS, convinced that you’ll buy it. 

But this ‘mechanical fault’ party line, parroted with no context in such a craven and evasive way on Smackdown (what mechanism? Is it travel related? If so, where are they travelling from?) combined with confirmation from Meltzer, Keller and others that it was all about a billionaires’ squabble over money owed, really takes the cake. 

The fact that the leader, who instigated this blood money deal and got them into this general and specific mess, then leaves his team (and by extension their loved ones) high and dry, without any certainty over what’s to come, without any clear communication of when they will be able to escape the very-much-not free country, just screams that this man’s judgement is completely out of whack and it’s time for Vince to move aside. Never mind the other well trodden stuff.

We are used to seeing Vince use his talent contemptibly, like action figures to be abused and thrown away. The disregard for them as human beings has never been so disgustingly apparent. 

Apologies for the rant, I had but my tongue with the snarky ‘F Saudi Arabia’ comments but the whole thing is just too sickening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Edwin said:

This.

Someone call up RIPPA and co. as it's time to put an end to this section of the board as anyone who still watches this stuff, attends any live events or even has a Network subscription is part of the problem.

Good wrestling or whatever doesn’t excuse this kind of behavior, and supporting them with your money only further encourages said behavior.

• Like 4

Just now, Casey said:

Good wrestling or whatever doesn’t excuse this kind of behavior, and supporting them with your money only further encourages said behavior.

Agreed wholeheartedly, but unfortunately nothing will come of this which is what sucks.

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

Agreed wholeheartedly, but unfortunately nothing will come of this which is what sucks.

Oh yeah, I fully realize that. But I’m just up to a breaking point with WWE. This goes way beyond booking woes now.

• Like 1

Not to excuse Vince or WWE corporate but most corporations engage in abhorrent business practices.  We know more about what goes on in WWE because we follow it.  You could boycott WWE entirely over it and it's understandable but there are some corporations that are harder to boycott because you need their products and these corporations are just as bad. That's the world we live. 

Just now, Casey said:

Oh yeah, I fully realize that. But I’m just up to a breaking point with WWE. This goes way beyond booking woes now.

Agreed. I just hope the wrestlers themselves continue voicing their displeasures as they've been doing on social media with the "not top 20" and claiming they won't go back. Hopefully this will catch onto more fans.

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

As someone who's not an MMA fan, I have to force myself to remember the Cain Meltzer is talking about isn't Glenn Jacobs. 

Glenn Jacobs being the Mayor of a county does spare us from the awkwardness of them calling Cain Velasquez just "Velasquez" because they don't want people to confuse Cain and Kane

Edited by Cobra Commander

24 minutes ago, Edwin said:

This.

obviously it's time to close the gate

oGIJPHJ.png

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Not to excuse Vince or WWE corporate but most corporations engage in abhorrent business practices.  We know more about what goes on in WWE because we follow it.  You could boycott WWE entirely over it and it's understandable but there are some corporations that are harder to boycott because you need their products and these corporations are just as bad. That's the world we live. 

That’s all well and good and might be true (except most all products have alternatives), but we’re talking about wrestling and WWE. It’s incredibly easy to boycott this company over their business practices. It’s cool if people don’t care about this and just want to watch the wrestling, I’m not going full HAM here and suggesting anyone is a bad person for thinking that way.

Amazon is a terrible company - but do I care about the products and convenience, or the workers suffering under said corporation? There’s other places I can buy fucking socks or books or whatever. There’s other places you can watch wrestling, or even the WWE product itself (without supporting them with your money).

58 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Dammit, this is going to be one of those situations where the REAL story accidentally gets leaked by a midcarder in a non-WWE toy unboxing video because that's how this shit works in 2019, isnt it? 

Hawkins or Ryder are high on my list of people who will blurt the real story

I know the comparison was made already, but this shit all sounds like a plotline from Succession, which is apropos since Succession at times feels like it's about the McMahon family.

• Like 4