DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Dolfan in NYC

There is some dispute over the detail of cutting a feed since it was airing on delay anyways.

Vince would be up there for telling somebody “what are you going to do, behead me?” while in Saudi.

also, considering sixty is sesenta and six hundred is seiscientos. How likely is it to confuse them? Meaning, it seems more likely the Saudis owed 60m and not 600m.

Meltzer and others have said that they have heard similar things regarding the WWE being owed money but no one has confirmed any version of events

Part of the reason this has picked steam is because the CBC reported that the Saudis owe Canada $3.4 billion (that’s with a B) for some military vehicles

of all the countries to buy military vehicles from.... Canada?

I think the "WWE pulled the feed in Saudi Arabia" story has been modified to "WWE put the show on tape delay in Saudi Arabia in response to not being paid". Which could be justified as a "hey, we wanna protect the attendance, pal" move (even if it doesn't matter to the WWE how many people show up if the Saudis actually pay them)

Edited by Cobra Commander

that is a big fucking plane.. just something to note since there's some people with "why didn't they just scramble all the private jets that the Saudi government seized" questions.. They were taking a Boeing 747-400 to get back. Wonder how much of the ring/set has to be transported back on flights like that.

At least we'll get a good post-Survivor Series feud of "Charter Plane superstars vs Atlas Air superstars"

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

There is some dispute over the detail of cutting a feed since it was airing on delay anyways.

Vince would be up there for telling somebody “what are you going to do, behead me?” while in Saudi.

also, considering sixty is sesenta and six hundred is seiscientos. How likely is it to confuse them? Meaning, it seems more likely the Saudis owed 60m and not 600m.

Could mean 600million pesos - about $32M - which would seem more plausible based on the last few years of WWE financial costs

So the possibly completely baseless speculation has moved to the fact that Vince and most of the other top executives all sold off a lot of stock in August and September, rather than waiting until just before the Fox deal actually kicked in. At the time, it was seen as odd, now, well, if they were getting ahead of the Saudi deal ending way prematurely... That's potentially criminal.

• Like 1

If if Saudi Arabia paid WWE it hasn’t shown up in their financials

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/us/wwe/SEC/sec-show.aspx?FilingId=13710295&Cik=0001091907&Type=PDF&hasPdf=1

Page 45

"Cash generated from operating activities was 2.3 million in the 9 months ended September 30 2019. Compared to 121.5 million for the corresponding period in the prior year "

34 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

So the possibly completely baseless speculation has moved to the fact that Vince and most of the other top executives all sold off a lot of stock in August and September, rather than waiting until just before the Fox deal actually kicked in. At the time, it was seen as odd, now, well, if they were getting ahead of the Saudi deal ending way prematurely... That's potentially criminal.

I saw someone mention that a number of WWE bigwigs sold stock around the same time last year. I haven't researched, so take it as you will. But some companies set aside certain times where stock can be moved, so maybe that's happening here.

• Like 1