DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Dolfan in NYC

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:
1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I'll take "then it is never happening" for $500

Vince definitely is out of the country. However he was gone before the flight issues came up

For the sake of the bet that isn't actually going to happen.  My $500 is that the roster deciding to unionize is never going to happen.  I wouldn't bet $0.05 on anything that Vince would or would not do.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

Read a couple reports they’re getting out around right now or in the next hour or so, almost 24 hrs after they were supposed to...

Meltzer says another 5 hours (3am in Saudi Arabia).

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They kidnapped a journalist from our soil, and dismember him for trivial shit.

He was murdered in (not kidnapped from) the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, neither of which is US soil.

Edited by Swiftian
  • Like 2

Meltzer just tweeted that he knows Ric Flair just landed in Florida and that Hulk Hogan was on the same private charter (if folks just were curious in regards to how long the flights were)

A bunch of wrestlers started tweeting again in the last 30 minutes passive aggressively bitching.

Wade Keller tweeted that as of like 20 minutes ago they STILL hadn't left.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

They're out of Saudi Arabia, but I believe it came out that those people listed to be on that flight won't make it to Smackdown now, and they're landing in Newark, NJ tonight.

Haven't they suffered enough?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Barring "business complications" or a change in their pattern from the first 4 shows, the next Saudi show is gonna be in Jeddah and not in Riyadh. I wonder if the concept of being in a more optimally located city than Riyadh will actually get some people to just write off the Layover from Hell as a one-off fluke that couldn't be repeated in Jeddah.

Of course that heavily relies on this whole thing being benign and not some fuckup or malicious act.

One location that would be interesting for a future card would be Dhahran, which is way smaller population-wise with an American expat community working at Saudi Aramco. One downside would be more talk about Bahrain, which is among the neighbors of Saudi Arabia with a 'complicated' relationship with the Kinggggdom of Saudi Arabia. Although I'm sure the Saudi image sculpting tour would like for their nation to be known for more than oil, so...

Goofy clown shit ruined an otherwise decent show just like HIAC. Completely no selling a damn fiery stage explosion, awful. Hogan and Flair are the best. Fury's entrance was great. Shocked how quick Brock/Cain went. Gallows & Anderson are the best tag team in the world... can't believe they had the Vikings pinned just like that. Needed more Shane O Mac.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Goofy clown shit ruined an otherwise decent show just like HIAC. Completely no selling a damn fiery stage explosion, awful. Hogan and Flair are the best. Fury's entrance was great. Shocked how quick Brock/Cain went. Gallows & Anderson are the best tag team in the world... can't believe they had the Vikings pinned just like that. Needed more Shane O Mac.

I can’t fathom not liking Bray Wyatt.

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I love that Ric Flair got the fuck out of dodge but left his future son-in-law behind

you know at least one of the people that left early, if not most of them, got off the plane and realized how many text messages they have asking if they're okay..

anyways, Ric Flair has paid his dues in plane-related stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1