DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I heard about this story from the main thread and came over here with two thoughts:

1. If I were talent, I'd never, ever, EVER fucking go back there. No thank you. I don't know how many shows WWE has left over there, but you'd have to fire me or put me on the shelf or make me job on whatever their throwaway C-show is before I went to KSA again.

2. I feel like they kinda wasted the title of International Incident on that IYH in Vancouver (IIRC) when that should obviously be the name of any future KSA shows that they do. 

There's no fucking chance I'd go either. Me thinks when the event happens next year, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens will have company for people not going to FSA.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Obviously, goes without saying but in the territory days - none of this flies with the wrestlers - in fact, Vince would probably get the shit kicked out of him and these guys would give notice tomorrow. . 

In the territory days, a bunch of talent would have problems getting in and out of Saudi Arabia without being whipped by the religious police

• Like 2

Guest The Magnificent 7

Someone over there needs to speak up for all the boys and practice some real diplomacy right now in order to get everyone home quickly. 

7 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Obviously, goes without saying but in the territory days - none of this flies with the wrestlers - in fact, Vince would probably get the shit kicked out of him and these guys would give notice tomorrow. . 

With as nice as those KSA payoffs would have been, the guys in the territories would have given an arm to get booked there.

My favorite thing about the WWE statement on the matter is that talent was "so determined to make Smackdown" that they paid for their own charter flight.

Even their attempts at kayfabe make the company look bad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My favorite thing about the WWE statement on the matter is that talent was "so determined to make Smackdown" that they paid for their own charter flight.

Even their attempts at kayfabe make the company look bad

Yeah I am sure Shorty G can just dive into his credit cards and afford a charter flight out of Saudi Arabia.  I don't think Orbitz or Priceline works there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

This will be interesting. Between Raw and NXT they should be able to fly in enough guys to make it work, but no way in hell anyone agrees to go back to the KSA.

Weren't most of the Raw guys were in Saudi Arabia too.

1 minute ago, nofuture said:

Weren't most of the Raw guys were in Saudi Arabia too.

AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Erick Rowan, Buddy Murphy, Viking Raiders, Rusev, Randy Orton, Lashley, Drew McIntyre, Natalya and Lacey Evans.

24 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

If the story of "Vince leaves his talent behind to take the consequences of a mess he created" had any shred of truth to it...

Then if a portion of the locker room doesnt make a serious attempt to unionize, then it is never happening. 

I'll take "then it is never happening" for $500

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

New evil authority figure Prince Mansoor. Like Teddy Long he likes to make impromptu tag matches, but at gun point.

"Tag match, playa! LELELELELELELELELELELELE!"

• Like 1

Y'all are just missing the obvious explanation: WWE Films is shooting a remake of Midnight Express.

This development makes me a little more interested in SDL tonight.  I mean, not enough to watch or record the show, but I'll probably read Meltzer's recap by Sunday or Monday.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Whodathunkit said:

Y'all are just missing the obvious explanation: WWE Films is shooting a remake of Midnight Express.

If the WWE thinks, "we need to remake the Midnight Express," and aren't talking about the tag team...well, that actually doesn't surprise me.  

38 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'll take "then it is never happening" for $500

Vince definitely is out of the country. However he was gone before the flight issues came up

Per Meltzer

There were other issues involved but Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn and Vince's personal staff were out of Saudi Arabia before they surfaced as they left earlier on Vince's private jet. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman were able to leave the country immediately on the private jet Lesnar is given for these events.