DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Dolfan in NYC

It was posted in the main thread but I would rather it be in here

Some talent are saying that Vince somehow pissed off the Saudi officials and that is the delay.

Mind you - Vince is no longer in the country because he flew on his private jet.

None of that is confirmed just the RUMBLINGS~!

They kidnapped a journalist from our soil, and dismember him for trivial shit. Vince has allowed them to call the shots on these shows. Now you might say “Well they wanted the women’s match”. Yeah but the 3rd brother of the Prince probably didn’t. It’s a complicated, and dangerous leadership.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

There’s a WWE movie here. Nattie and Lacey get kidnapped by the Royal Family and so Seth and Roman must put aside their differences and bring the Shield back together - but with a new partner: Rusev! Together they pull off a special ops mission to rescue Nattie and Lacey, who are busy rescuing themselves.

meanwhile, Bray Wyatt is detained for sorcery, but his sentient and alive puppets are to the rescue!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

The Kingdom would be completely insane to jeopardize diplomatic relations with the US which includes a billion dollar arms deal holding a US public company hostage that houses an executive formally of the Trump administration that has a direct line to the president. The entire Saudi state only exists through cooperation with the West. They almost tanked the entire thing after the Khashoggi incident. Which makes me believe there is some kind of hold up within Saudi airspace and they pulled the plug. 

• Haha 2

For the record

It isn’t known what is causing the delay. Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio this morning that it has nothing to do with mechanical problems with the plane, nor is this regarding weather in Buffalo, New York, which is where the SmackDown roster is flying to for tonight’s television.

18 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

There’s a WWE movie here. Nattie and Lacey get kidnapped by the Royal Family and so Seth and Roman must put aside their differences and bring the Shield back together - but with a new partner: Rusev! Together they pull off a special ops mission to rescue Nattie and Lacey, who are busy rescuing themselves.

meanwhile, Bray Wyatt is detained for sorcery, but his sentient and alive puppets are to the rescue!

See, I was just gonna go with pitching The Marine (Fuck if I know what number they're up to), John Cena returns and teams with The Miz and Becky Lynch to go into the heart of KSA to rescue the detailed WWE roster.  Things look bleak for our heroes until the timely arrival of The Rock and Jason Statham reprising their roles of Hobbes and Shaw to assist (Roman is family, after all).  Also starring Triple H as "The Chaperone". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

The Kingdom would be completely insane to jeopardize diplomatic relations with the US which includes a billion dollar arms deal holding a US public company hostage that houses an executive formally of the Trump administration that has a direct line to the president. The entire Saudi state only exists through cooperation with the West. They almost tanked the entire thing after the Khashoggi incident. Which makes me believe there is some kind of hold up within Saudi airspace and they pulled the plug. 

They murdered and dismembered a man who writes for what is one of the two biggest newspapers in the country and one that is literally in the capital of the country.  Not letting about 20 professional wrestlers leave the country for a few hours/days is about a -51651053241563210532613521653103521032105326 on that scale.  

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

my power rankings for possible reasons for this:

1) General bad luck

2) Vince complained about Saudi checks not arriving

3) General wrestler bullshit

4) Lebanon or Syria or Turkey bullshit

5) Viral marketing for Saudi tourism

Saudi Prince: Vince, we looked back at the old shows. That was not Yokozuna, or Andre. You lied to us. We want real Andre, real Yokozuna, real Ultimate Warrior, and real Hardwork Bobby Walker”.

Vince: YOU’RE OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MINDS, PAL! GIVE ME MY SUITCASE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Per Ryan Satin from about 20 minutes ago

Outside of the people who were able to leave (specifically in the hopes of making it in time for Smackdown), the other talent was put up in a hotel and is still in the country

Since most folks are saying 12 people were able to leave, I am guessing it was

• Roman Reigns
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Baron Corbin
  • New Day
  • Revival
  • Braun Strowman
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Randy Orton*
  • Cain Velasquez*
  • Rey Mysterio*

(* - not SDL people but would qualify under "top talent)

Roman vs. Corbin, New Day vs. Revival and Wyatt on Miz TV were all advertised for SDL ahead of time

EDIT - I should note before someone mentions it. I didn't count Brock because he had his own private jet so who knows who went with Brock. Maybe that Flair/Hogan match will be tonight after all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

my power rankings for possible reasons for this:

1) General bad luck

2) Vince complained about Saudi checks not arriving

3) General wrestler bullshit

4) Lebanon or Syria or Turkey bullshit

5) Viral marketing for Saudi tourism

6) ...or maybe falls in line under 3) Wrestlers gave a shaving cream turban and shaved half a Saudi princes mustache after he was Halcion’d and fell asleep.

• Haha 1