DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Dolfan in NYC

19 minutes ago, Thunder Down Under said:

Knowing this company’s history with bait and switches I would only be half surprised if it’s a pre taped match just inserted into the show.

But seriously, the timing of the announcement makes me think they hoped to announce it late enough so the conservatives locals don’t have enough tine to try and stop it from happening. Not passing judgment either way on that decision, but hard to not have that thought.

To be fair - the last show they were specifically told they could have the Nattie/Alexa match and then were told they couldn't. They didn't announce that one ahead of time but it wasn't that the WWE decided "On second thought... never mind"

I feel that they must be comfortable enough this time that they won't be told they can't have it. (Probably due to the pro-PR stance both parties can take. EVERYTHING IS SOLVED NOW~!)

1 hour ago, steve said:

I'll be the cynical one:

They went with Nattie/Lacey because it's the match the least amount of people will be disappointed about when it gets cancelled at the last second.

Also if there was going to be any 2 women on the roster that wouldn't object or give a shit about the policies of the government, Natalya and Lacey Evans would be the perfect people.  Natalya more for her complete loyalty to the company.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Didn’t he win a Blood Money battle royal? I think he was also the guy that confronted/beat up the Daivaris.

Correct - they acted like he was this raw talent that they discovered in Saudi Arabia when in reality he was originally trained by Dory Funk Jr and worked some indies

He also made one appearance on NXT UK TV

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Correct - they acted like he was this raw talent that they discovered in Saudi Arabia when in reality he was originally trained by Dory Funk Jr and worked some indies

He also made one appearance on NXT UK TV

He's also been a semi-squash victim of either Dominick Dijakovic or Damien Priest on NXT a few weeks ago, I forget which though. 

I know Bray Wyatt's drafted to Smackdown. If Bray Wyatt wins the WWE Universal Championship, he's moved to RAW till losing it? WWE fucked up not putting the Fiend over at Hell in a Cell vs. Seth Rollins. This was my booking:

Bray Wyatt's Fiend needs to beat Seth Rollins. Then you do less in more so you get a special attraction. We're used to absentee WWE Universal Champions anyway.

You do Firefly Fun House every few weeks with sporadic Fiend appearances. Fiend needs to be at Survivor Series as in recent times, the WWE Champion goes up against the WWE Universal Champion. Fiend goes over here and next wrestles at the Royal Rumble and heads into WrestleMania XXXVI as WWE Universal Champion. The Fiend's entrance will make for a hell of a spectacle.

27 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I can sadly say there is no chance Fiend leaves Crown Jewel as the champ, which means the character gets further neutered.  I've noticed a markedly less enthusiastic response/anticipation to Firefly Funhouse/Fiend segments since that Hell in a Cell bullshit.

I feel for Bray Wyatt rebooting himself as the presenter of the Firefly Funhouse and as the sinister Fiend for WWE to mess it up. I'd say this fuckup is worse than what they did to Bray in the past.

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I feel for Bray Wyatt rebooting himself as the presenter of the Firefly Funhouse and as the sinister Fiend for WWE to mess it up. I'd say this fuckup is worse than what they did to Bray in the past.

Absolutely.

It fits the narrative that people get punished for getting themselves over, because I don't think they planned for him to move this high ont he card this fast, the crowd just dictated it.  I may be wrong on that front, but back to your original point, I would like to know how he feels about it, because they cut the rug out from under him every single time he gets momentum, and ti says something that he is ALWAYS able to get that momentum back, one way or another.

• Like 1

Meltzer was guessing on the radio show this morning but his educated guess was that the Fiend will cost Braun the match against Fury and then Braun returns the favor later in the show and since they are both on Smackdown that would be the other main feud (besides whoever is challenging Brock)