DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel II - 10/31/2019 - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Dolfan in NYC

Well, they definitely screwed the pooch with that last PPV.  Let's see how they do here.  Updated as they announce:

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH, NO REF STOPPAGE, FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Bray Wyatt

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Cain Velasquez

10 Man Tag - Team Hogan (Roman Reigns/Rusev/Ricochet/Ali/Shorty G) vs. Team Flair (Randy Orton/King Corbin/Bobby Lashley/Shinsuke Nakamura/Drew McIntyre)

Braun Strowman vs. Tyson Fury

Tag Team Turmoil Match to determine the World Cup for the "Best Tag Team in the World" - The New Day vs. The Viking Raiders vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Lucha House Party vs. Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins vs. The Revival vs. The O.C. vs. Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode vs. The B-Team

20 MAN BATTLE ROYALE FOR A UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

FOR THE PHENOMENAL WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP: Battle Royale winner vs. AJ Styles (c)

Lacey Evans vs. Natalya

Mansoor defeats Cesaro

--

As I stated in the last KSA PPV thread, everyone knows the Saud regime is horrible, everyone knows that the WWE should not be doing business with them.  Additionally, everyone knows Hulk Hogan is a piece of crap (Jesse Ventura was right all along). And everyone knows Tyson Fury is a steaming pile of human garbage.   

You are not getting any mythical internet wins by saying "Fuck (whom/whatever)".   Keep it on topic.  Keep it civil.   There's been WAY too much bickering about everything. If you watch the show, cool, comment about it here.  Don't feel the overwhelming need to point out how much better than thou, a wrestling fan, you are - or you will find yourself gagged (or worse).  

On with the fucking show.  

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

I thought they would be holding out the Strowman/Fury match for WM. It seems like the type of celebrity match they'd throw on that card.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Revival found their way to Team Flair and since this is on Halloween, I guess it would make sense for them to try and revive the Fiend and have him win the title here.

Strowman vs. Fury is interesting. I guess some kind of boxing exhibition? Surprised this was given the green-light by Fury's camp given the eye injury sustained in his last fight and the prospect of an 8 figure check looming around the corner with the Wilder rematch. 

Conor can't be far off doing one of these. 

Edited by Rehabilitated Rick

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And everyone knows Tyson Fury is a steaming pile of human garbage. 

I actually don't know this since I know nothing of Tyson Fury other than that he is a boxer. It was the same with Mayweather who I only slightly followed up on post-WM due to some of his bigger fights and finding out he was a distant cousin.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Wasn't Cain/Brock announced for the show?

Huh? They really want to please these folks if that also happens as I thought those two matches have that celebrity setup they like to use for their WM cards.

Is Cain signed or is this just a one off deal? I remember him saying he also had an offer from AEW.

I understand Dolfan's warning to keep it civil but just want to point out how incredibly sad it is that such a warning is needed for a WWE show.  Won't say the obvious but I'm sure you can tell where my head's at on this.

As for the show itself the 10-man tag sounds kind of neat but seems like it gives away those who will stay on their respective brands.  Unless they say they'll pick people from both brands in which case nevermind.  And I skipped the Hogan/Flair segment so unless I missed it I'm not seeing what incentive there is for the winning team.  Do they get a bonus?  A title shot of some kind?  Or is it just bragging rights.  It's a nothing show but fuck it may as well have some stakes in this to try and make it matter.

• Thanks 4

On 10/7/2019 at 6:17 PM, RIPPA said:

Wasn't Cain/Brock announced for the show?

Or is that just the reported what is going to happen thing

Well there is a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT scheduled for this Friday's SD regarding the Cain/Brock and Strowman/Fury situations.  

So, I'll go ahead and pencil those in. 

On 10/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, Edwin said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Revival found their way to Team Flair and since this is on Halloween, 

I thought you were going to say, "... they'll dress up as Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson."

On 10/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, Edwin said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Revival found their way to Team Flair and since this is on Halloween, I guess it would make sense for them to try and revive the Fiend and have him win the title here.

This makes me wonder how these teams will fill out. The Revival on Team Flair makes sense and if Viking Raiders win the Raw tag titles, they take two spots on Team Hogan. So the teams would be:

Hogan: Rollins/Rusev/Viking Raiders/Miz (???)

Flair: Orton/Corbin/Revival/Lashley (probably)

17 hours ago, Gorman said:

I thought you were going to say, "... they'll dress up as Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson."

Nah, with Tully in AEW and Arn having appeared once so far for them, The Revival will be dressed as Paul Roma and Steve McMichael.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

It was also reported Cain was done with the UFC and has signed with the WWE, so it is expected he will stick around after this match.

Even doing as requested and setting aside the moral questions, holy fuck is this an unappealing show. I don't want to see Cain challenge Brock. I don't want to see Tyson Fury do anything. These Saudi shows have all gotten pretty negative reactions and been bad just as wrestling shows.

I can't imagine any reason to watch this.

• Like 3