DVDVR Message Board

Randy Orton plays video games

Craig H

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It's a product of the people who actually work at the school not intervening and saying "Yeah, we won't be doing that here". It's problematic no matter what generation they're a part of.

In the individual classrooms, agreed. 

5 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

In a perfect world that would work, but we don't live in a society where teachers hold absolute authority over it's students anymore. The word is woven into the fabric of the culture. If you're going to censor one word, then you have to censor all implications of the word. Seems problematic to me. 

Dude that's a total hot garbage hot take, with all due respect.

• Like 2

Just now, Infinit said:

Dude that's a total hot garbage hot take, with all due respect.

How so?

Censoring the word breeds a plethora of problems, do we ban music containing the word from school premises too? That would require banning phones I guess? That would require a tremendous amount of policing to accomplish. The idea of ruling schools with an iron fist might be viable to you, I say good luck with that.

I wish it was that simple but it's not. The problem is a systemic one. The public schooling system is eroding and vastly underfunded. Families are being destroyed. I will never blame an individual for a systemic issue. Compound this with a culture that is beyond toxic, it's a recipe for disaster at every level of society. 

5 hours ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Censoring the word breeds a plethora of problems, do we ban music containing the word from school premises too? That would require banning phones I guess? 

Uh, yeah. Let's do that. Why should these little pricks get to jam music and chat on their phones at school? That's not what school is for.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic