Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Craig H

Randy Orton plays video games

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Looks like somebody is fishing for a raise.

 

You know, I never thought I'd ever say I love Randy Orton, but Randy Orton just giving zero fucks over the last couple years has really made me love that guy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Are we just going to skip over the part where he dropped a racial epithet, then?

Ehhhhhhh... In defense, he used it in the more acceptable way to use it in a sentence, and not in a derogatory way at somebody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. It certainly wasn't malicious but I mean come on. I was ready to say how much I love Orton the personality in 2019 not giving a fuck. And then...

For those that haven't seen it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Are we just going to skip over the part where he dropped a racial epithet, then?

What?

 

EDIT: Oh, didn't see that.

Edited by Raziel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Ehhhhhhh... In defense, he used it in the more acceptable way to use it in a sentence, and not in a derogatory way at somebody.

"The more acceptable way"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I didn't see that either.

Ok, so Randy is just like every other kid playing video games online. Maybe he should give some fucks then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

“White boy using ebonics”

I know what you meant, just not sure "acceptable" was the best way to frame it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mattdangerously said:

I know what you meant, just not sure "acceptable" was the best way to frame it.

I don’t agree with it, but that’s how western society sees that kind of thing. Now that doesn’t mean that Randy isn’t completely off the hook. I’ve worked with plenty of people who in public will use “Ni*ga” to appear friendly, but in private they’ll straight up use “Ni**er” to shit on a minority. So the jury is still out on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’ve worked with plenty of people who in public will use “Ni*ga” to appear friendly.

Who the fuck are the people you work with who think that this makes them appear friendly?

Quote

So the jury is still out on him.

No. No, it is not.

Anyway, I read that Chyna and Jacqueline never wrestled one another in Attitude-era WWE. I can't believe that this is true, but I actually think it would have been potentially entertaining because Jacqueline came off as vicious and, to me, could have credibly given Chyna that work in a match. Not that this was the way that the company thought about the women at the time, but I actually weirdly kinda want to see that match. Or at least, the well-booked version of it.

Also, American Gladiators/pro wrestling update: Rico Constantino really choked away an AG championship when it was in his grasp. He lost by the total amount of points that he could have won on the joust if he didn't wait for the Gladiator, Gemini, to get up after slipping. He also took an unnecessary risk on the Wall and ended up dropping points. 

I also can't believe this dude is 57 now, good God, I'm getting old. 😞

Edited by Smelly McUgly
Too many "it"s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Who the fuck are the people you work with who think that this makes them appear friendly?

People like that can be very disingenuous, and charismatic in public, and they accept it. Take Hulk Hogan for instance. A lot of us saw through his bullshit years ago. But the majority didn’t(and a lot still don’t), until the sex tape came out, and people saw the real Terry Bollea, and not the guy who projects a fake image with the public, or “The boys”. Probably the same with Lars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow, I don't think that the difference between A and R changes that it's not cool to say that word. "Friendliness" has nothing to do with it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Somehow, I don't think that the difference between A and R changes that it's not cool to say that word. "Friendliness" has nothing to do with it. 

Years of TV, movies, and music have trained an entire generation to accept one version of that word. It’s been parodied in the past about the different pronunciations of the word, but dammit people do buy into that horseshit.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Years of TV, movies, and music have trained an entire generation to accept one version of that word. It’s been parodied in the past about the different pronunciations of the word, but dammit people do buy into that horseshit.

Yeah, no.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Years of TV, movies, and music have trained an entire generation to accept one version of that word. It’s been parodied in the past about the different pronunciations of the word, but dammit people do buy into that horseshit.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about?

Seriously, stop and re-evaluate what you're saying.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about?

Seriously, stop and re-evaluate what you're saying.

Sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'd rather that we not try and put a positive spin on a racist fuck like Orton saying the N word no matter how it was said.

But I would rather focus on the fact that if you told me even 5 years ago there'd be a new version of the Monday Night Wars and it involved mostly (now former) indy stars then I wouldn't have believed you.  This is a weird and amazing timeline and no matter what you watch we're in for one helluva ride.  It's times like this where wrestling can be really fucking awesome.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About use of the N word...

I taught high school students for the past 15 years. In the last 5 years or so, it has almost become as common as calling someone Dude or Bro. White kids and Mexican kids and black kids all go around saying it to each other. I am not excusing Randy Orton since he is a 40 year old man but it has become common for teenagers to use casually with no racial implications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

it has become common for teenagers to use casually with no racial implications. 

Bullshit. You just taught at a very shitty school. If some white or Mexican kid came up to me to call me the N word, that person is getting his fucking trachea removed manually. Then again, my high school was 98.5% African-American.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Bullshit. You just taught at a very shitty school. If some white or Mexican kid came up to me to call me the N word, that person is getting his fucking trachea removed manually. Then again, my high school was 98.5% African-American.

Yep same at my high school. Sure it was over 20 years ago and the school was 75% black. 

 

Saw one of the nearby indies had their first IPPV,SWA Sumrall Slamboree 2. It is free on FITE. ANd so far the Southern Sensations(Blade Beaudreaux/Calvin Rose) vs Sons of Titans(Barry Wolf/Lukas Frost) losing team gets 10 lashes each strap match is worth checking out.  The rest of the show well it isn't that great.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Bullshit. You just taught at a very shitty school. If some white or Mexican kid came up to me to call me the N word, that person is getting his fucking trachea removed manually. Then again, my high school was 98.5% African-American.

How old are you? What you described would have happened at my high school as well... in the early 1990s. 

Let's look at some demographics... the last high school I taught at was 85% Hispanic, 5% Black and 10% White. All of them were referring to each other using the N word. I think it was more of a product of the social media and music these kids are consuming. I am not saying it wouldn't be different in a school that was predominantly black. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yeah, social media and music have contributed enormously in normalizing a variation of the word, that coerce white kids who become submerged in that culture to use the word with impunity.  You make a word cool, and then outlaw it's use for a specific racial group, you're almost begging those kids to say it.

Do I believe Orton engaged in a Freudian slip the other night? who knows. The topic of the word is one of the most important, yet tedious ones to discuss. Better to just leave it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

All of them were referring to each other using the N word. I think it was more of a product of the social media and music these kids are consuming. I am not saying it wouldn't be different in a school that was predominantly black. 

It's a product of the people who actually work at the school not intervening and saying "Yeah, we won't be doing that here". It's problematic no matter what generation they're a part of.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...