DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Crazy Like a FOX - 10/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I like the idea that Rey has some ruthless MMA motherfuckers on speed dial if shit goes south. The angle is one of their best in ages, to be honest. The beatdown on Monday and Cain's debut here. It's just a shame it's come at the expense of this years feel good story. That's wrestling. As much as I liked Kofi's reign, the focus has to be on those dudes.

Anyway people are overlooking the best news of the night, NO MORE SHANE. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Thank fuck. I like Shane the person but glad to see him off TV for however long. He ended up being a channel changer quickly which is strange considering I liked his heel shit years ago. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Matt D said:

1. Have Bray win.

2. Have Bray  spend a few months beating the New Day. 

Hide contents

My alternative plan involves the Six Man Belts.

Related image

One of those guys just won a different belt this week. 

Edited by odessasteps

6 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

I like the idea that Rey has some ruthless MMA motherfuckers on speed dial if shit goes south. The angle is one of their best in ages, to be honest. The beatdown on Monday and Cain's debut here. It's just a shame it's come at the expense of this years feel good story. That's wrestling. As much as I liked Kofi's reign, the focus has to be on those dudes.

this being Vince and the WWE, they probably see it more as "Rey can call up some Mexicans to fight Brock Lesnar"

Tonight is good for the reminder of which WWE fans don't watch or care about the UFC. Also a display of what standards they have for what fits in a universe where NFL players show up and win matches against wrestlers occasionally.

Meltzer gets stuff wrong from time to time and some of the stuff he writes is very far fetched. And he says stuff that’s absolutely absurd quite often. 

However he was 100% right on the Cain Velasquez angle and people gave him shit for it. He was right about CM Punk getting a meeting through his agents for wWE Backstage and Fox sports too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Oh good. Another reign I'm enjoying coming to an end at thre hands of an Aryan poster child. If this were Hunger Games, Brock and Charlotte would be District 1. Fuck them.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That photo of Terry Taylor with the Santa hat is terrifying

Best thing on this show: "Hey! My testicles are perfectly adequate!"

Taylor probably isn't wearing pants in the Santa hat picture. That smile is the smile of a complete sociopath.

• Haha 1

That was an otherwise good show up until Brock vs. Kofi. Okay, I understand them wanting to do Brock vs. Cain. But you know, they could have had Cain come out for the distraction and Kofi hits a Trouble In Paradise. He gets the win. They still can do the Brock/Rey/Cain angle and everyone is more or less happy.

Wasn't The Undertaker supposed to be on the show tonight or did I miss him when flipping back to the Yankees game?

Knew it was going to happen. Hell, I can even get behind the idea of Cain vs Brock. But it still just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Couldn't Kofi have at least hit one move? Get Brock wobbly with Trouble in Paradise before he gets caught in the F5?

I'm not against Brock being around. I think he should be. I'm just so fucking tired of him as the champion. I love Heyman but I can't hear anymore "THE REIGNING, DEFENDING UNDISPUTED...." interviews anymore. Just something, anything different and I'm on board.

The show looks great and the presentation is great. But at the end of the day, it's still the same show. And that's more troubling then anything

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

If they had just pretended that was Dominic like new Becky on Roseanne I would have been so into this.

Gonna be wild when they replace Dominic with Sandy Duncan halfway through the season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Count me among the ones sick of Brock Lesnar. Felt that way for a while.

Only Brock Lesnar matches I liked from 2016-2019 were Goldberg at WrestleMania XXXIII, AJ Styles from Survivor Series 2017, Daniel Bryan at last year's Survivor Series and Finn Balor from the 2019 Royal Rumble. Tired of the Suplex City routine and going on hiatus as the world champion. Few go over Brock and come out with something to show for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I hope they remember the Network angle on TNN but replace Cyrus with Alicia Fox.

Only if she brings Noam Dar with her so that every few minutes we can hear

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW FAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWX!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4